What's new
SWG Beyond

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legendary DC-15 Carbine stats

Jariah

Hello Beyonders!

I thought I'd share some info and thoughts regarding a recent craft I carried out on a Legendary DC-15 Carbine. I will admit I did not know what the result would look like as this is new to the server and there are no stats currently listed.

All current ranged weapon schems that I have seen that have come from the Legendary Avatar Instance have been of the typical 2% damage bonus schems already in place. This schem is a bit different though as it has a 55m range like the Firestar 10-K and crafted Advanced SFOR Republic Carbine. The result I was unsure of but I had a capped core and a schematic so I thought what better way then to craft it and see how the results would end up.

The result at first I thought was terrible as it ended up with 1151dps with a Max damage of 842dps. So from this I contacted our the staff here and have since had confirmation this skin is a Firestar 10-K clone. Which is good news for me as the craft is where a majority of my Firestar crafts have come out.

It has left me somewhat disappointed with the schematic of this weapon type with regards to all other weapons of this rarity. I have some ideas for improvement but is it something people are concerned about? As far as I know only one has been crafted so far so it wouldn't cause the population an issue if there was a tweak made.

I'd like to involve/invite the community into the discussion and get your thoughts.

cyubscooter

Short answer, yes.

Longer version: As a fellow Weaponsmith this is a huge deal for me. These weapons are rare and should carry an accurate 2% bonus, which is what I thought all the drops from Legendary Avatar were supposed to be. I've wasted a few melee schematics on weapons that did not come out anywhere close to where a 2% bonus weapon should turn out. Refund? Lol!

ATU

It is a little disappointing that a rare looted weapon would have the same stats as a creature looted weapon (Firestar 10k) or as a token purchased weapon, that can be easily "botted" (Advanced SFOR Republic Carbine).

However the additional range is also a huge bonus, albeit is the same as the two previously mentioned weapons not higher, so to make it a 2% weapon would be too OP I believe.

A slight tweak though could be made without breaking the weapon too much.

Maybe give it a 1% bonus like the Crusader M-XII - which would make it 847 Max Damage 1158 Max DPS with the 55m range

Or add 2m to the max range to make it 57M

Or increase the elemental to 59 like the N'Gant-Zarwel 9118 keep the Max Damage the same as the firestar (843) but the tweak to the elemental would add a small DPS boost maybe 6 or 7 point to make it 1159/1160 Max DPS (did not do the math just a guesstimate) with the additional range 55M

Or make it a 2% weapon with the range bonus but tie the elemental to electric so that it is less DPS based with the elemental affect

Or change the stats altogether and make it the same exactly as the Master Crafted EE3 but tie the profession to Medic and/or Officer as BH already has this.

Keeping it the way it is is akin to winning the lottery but losing the ticket, when an equivalent weapon can be easily obtained elsewhere.

cyubscooter

Good points ATU, and great topic on conversation Jar!

I guess we should really look at what we want to do with the server all together. To me, as a single 32 year old, I get a lot of enjoyment out of meeting new people and the thrill of new relationships. What the hell does this have to do with Beyond?

Well, I think it would be advantageous for us, Beyond in general, to take a few chances and change some things up. We all want a higher player population (aka. to bring players over from Legends) and having a 2% w/ Range bonus carbine could play a small role in changing things up. Now hear me out...

ATU, you're 100% right that only 2 classes use Carbines, BH and Offy. That said though, how many BH's use carbines? Not very many. Compared to Rifles, Carbine spec just isn't as viable or desired, even with the MC EE3 having stupid DPS or the N'Gant having higher elemental damage (useless except for cold).

I personally don't feel like having a new rare / low drop rate carbine be 2% w/ range breaks anything. I feel like it only makes Carbine BH more viable and desirable. It gives BH's something new to think about and try. It brings some change and excitement to a game that desperately needs it, and it does it only here on Beyond.

Just my two cents. Anibe out!

ShadowOrdo

I'm inclined to agree, its a bit disappointing. Taking into account the rarity and the stigma carbines have always had (being subpar choice for most professions compared to rifles), a >very rare< carbine skin from Avatar and a cool looking skin to boot needs every bit the advantage.

I understand the argument of it being a 5meter boost, but the reality is the situation such a weapon is called for is just to swap to specials when the target is a hair away from out-of-bounds, once this limited window to close the gap ends most veteran players will switch to their given 2% weapon. Regardless how "cool" or "rare" a skin is.

Anyone can go to Kash, afk loot a fire-star(s), and achieve getting that 5meter situation skin.

Personally i would feel better if this was 1% dps and 5meter boost, the damage bump will be marginal, but its at least better than the typical odd percentage of 0.5%. If i had to choose, i would prefer a flat 2% like any other weapon without a range bonus if push comes to shove.

Also, I have a question.

Do we know if this carbine is elemental locked? if so which?