What's new
SWG Beyond

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Basic Jedi Builds

Hoodrych

DPS / "Tank" DSJ:
  • For simplicity, a DSJ "tank" suit and "DPS" suit are nearly identical, and it's not really necessary to have multiple DSJ suits unless you're an elitist.
  • Suit:
    • Use Cloak of Hate (if you got it) or can use primus battle armor.
      • I always prefer to use the cloaks (more all-around stats given from cloak + 2p belt bonus).
    • Con, Agi, Luck, GB, GBR, Crit/CHD (if you PvP)
    • 3x glancing blow when TANK
    • 3x crit pups when DPS
    • Mix and match Crit and CHD pups when PvP'ing. You'll find what is working the best for you when you're in your group. I/E: "I don't need 3x CHD pups because I have really good medics."
  • Use Dark Fury 5p if DPS
    • Meditate: Vision of the Future
  • Use Guardian if TANK
    • Meditate: Vision of the Future or Past
  • Food: Breath of Heaven
  • d15ykid.png
  • t8kDOKS.png

Lightsaber Duelist / Spike Damage LSJ:
  • This build focuses on maximizing spike damage. You will be slightly more squishy than an LSJ tank.
  • Suit:
    • Use Shatterpoint Cloak or Primus Battle Armor with Strike Damage built into the chest.
      • Some argue to use armor with built-in strike damage and extra exotic (chest, shirt, weapon) will increase damage.
      • I always prefer to use the cloaks (more all-around stats given from cloak + 2p belt bonus).
      • Statistically insignificant unless you're hitting a target dummy for 24 hours straight.
    • Con, Luck, Stren, Strike Damage, Saber Damage, Crit
    • 3x Strike Damage Pups (works with all jedi strikes, sweep, AND Flurry)
  • Use Lightsaber Duelist 5p set (increases saber damage and fast attacks/resets of Flurry)
  • Meditate: Vision of the Present
  • Food: Flameout
  • C4pqyPa.png
    • If you want to be toxic, substitute Alacrity (glancing blow) for saber throw damage and duration.
  • p6iTnAY.png
    • If you want 4% damage mitigation and 2% less crit, take one point from Incisiveness (first page) and put it into Anticipate Aggression (second page).

Tank LSJ:
  • This build does little damage but allows for a very tanky LSJ for heroics/legendaries.
  • Suit:
    • Use Shatterpoint Cloak or Primus Battle Armor
    • Con, Luck, Agi, GB, GB-R, GB-M/Whatever you want (some people like parry chance, but imo it sucks in suits).
    • 3x Glancing Blow pups
  • Use Guardian 5p set (adds glancing blow, health, and a taunt)
  • Meditate: Vision of the Past
  • Food: Breath of Heaven
  • TSaCZQr.png
    • 1 point is shockwave is kinda meh, but it can help when trying to aggro a group of adds.
    • You can substitute shockwave for Exacting Strikes
  • Ms5TlG6.png
    • If you want to buff whore, remove the point in shockwave/exacting strikes and put it into Forsake Fear. At least you can contribute more to the group (kekw).

Disclaimer: These are just basic builds/suits. It's not meant to be any type of gold standard. This is merely to help new to jedi/returning players.

Last edited:

acvoelcker

I made a LSJ tank build similar to the one above, except I did not put the point in shockwave, and I took a point from improve SB. I put those 2 points in Force Cloak/improved FC. I like to farm DWB, and I thought it would compliment my Spy when I get him leveled and geared enough to accompany the Jedi.