What's new
SWG Beyond

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chef/Food Suggestions

Dom

Hello friends, I've decided to make a quick post on some suggestions for the chef profession.
I'll primarily cover two main points but might edit this post, if I come up with some other suggestions.
  • Secret Research Data in tissues
  • Adding/changing some stats on some foods
Secret Research Data
OHEDQOh.png

As some of you might know, when crafting tissues as a chef, there is an optional box which is for "secret research data". Now, to my knowledge, nothing has ever fit in this category and has never served any purpose.

My suggestion would be to implement something that will allow chefs to add certain bonuses to tissues. Now these bonuses can range from something as similar as to "Increase nutrient value by x%" or something more interesting bonuses to stats, such as "increase movement speed by x%" or "increase dodge chance by x%".
Now these are just ideas and am curious what you guys think! I think this change will offer more variety to food and offers interesting opportunities for builds.

Re-adjusting Foods
Now this topic is concerning the large amount of food/drink available in Star Wars Galaxies, but only 5-6 of them being used by players.
This area can offer a huge re-work to food.
Certain foods could offer special increases or abilities.
  • Such as being able to cleanse crowd control (except dires)
  • Increase reverse engineering chance
  • Increase chance to find x loot
  • Increase experience gain(like meatlump wine)
There are many possibilities! However, I think the community should have a large part in deciding what is fair/balanced.

I'd love to hear your guys' ideas!

KayDroma

I like this idea, perhaps certain items can be found from roaming spawns (e.g. Gorax, Peko Albatross, etc.) to prevent just afk farming those!

XaosKun

Completely agree with this post! Would be a huge improvement to update all the unused / 'worthless' foods / drinks! And it would add diversity in builds for PVE and PVP!