What's new
SWG Beyond

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friday Feature: R.I.S. Armor

Dazu

Greetings Beyonders and welcome to the next installment of our Friday Feature! Today we will be highlighting the R.I.S. armor, how to learn the schematics and where to locate the required materials.
R.I.S. armor, short for Reinforced Insulated Sheath, is a type of battle armor that is crafted by a Munitions Trader once they have completed their master armorsmith quests with Mol Ni’mai, a hermit on Dantooine (way -6805 6022). Like all armor, R.I.S. armor requires specific materials in order to craft the armor segments. Mol Ni’mai explains that for the armor’s strength it requires bone fragments from a Woolamander Harrower, for its flexibility it requires the hide of a Recluse Gurk King, and lastly to provide protection and warmth the segment requires scales from a Giant Dune Kimogila. Luckily as an armorsmith you are not required to tackle these rare and dangerous beasts on your own. Mol Ni’mai is gracious enough to allow you to seek the help of fellow combat professions or gather the resources with some hard-earned credits. Let’s take a look at each of the resources and where they can be located.

Woolamander Harrower Bone Fragment
The first material that is needed to construct R.I.S. armor segments is a bone fragment from a Woolamander Harrower, combat level 78, located at the Woolamander Palace on Yavin IV (way 466 -693). Once built long ago by the Massassi, an indigenous species of Yavin IV, the palace remains today only as the home of the Woolamanders. These cute but dangerous creatures walk the halls of this long forgotten illustrious palace some of which drop rare crafting materials, the Woolamander Harrower Bone Fragment. *Note that not every Harrower will drop bone fragments*

Entrance to the Woolamander Palace on Yavin IV, way 466 -693.

A Woolamander Harrower

Recluse Gurk King Hide
The next resource that is needed to construct R.I.S. armor segments is the hide of a Recluse Gurk King, combat level 50. On the planet of Lok explorers have documented two locations of small stone structures at which a Recluse Gurk King is known to frequent with a small pack of Gurks (way 725 -3391 & way -3762 -3467). Once the king is eliminated, he will take about 30 minutes to respawn, and the king is not guaranteed to spawn each time the Gurks return to these locations. It is possible to find Recluse Gurk Kings from terminal missions that task you with eliminating Gurks. *Note that not every king will drop a hide, rare drop*

Small stone altar frequented by Reclusive Gurk Kings, way 725 -3391.

Small stone structure frequented by Reclusive Gurk Kings, way -3762 -3467.

A Reclusive Gurk King.

Giant Dune Kimogila
The final resource required for R.I.S. armor segments is a scale from the fabled Giant Dune Kimogila. These relatives to Krayt Dragons are fierce foes that have flocked to one location known to the locals as Kimogila Town (way -70 2650). Fighting a Giant Dune Kimogila is not a lighthearted task as they are combat level 70 bosses who will death blow any unfortunate soul that cannot take them down. Unlike the Reclusive Gurk King that can be spawned at terminal missions, the Giant Dune Kimogila is a unique spawn only to Kimogila Town. *Note that not every Giant Dune Kimogila will drop scales, they are a rare drop*

Kimogila Town on Lok with Giant Dune Kimogila pictured, way -70 2650.

A Giant Dune Kimogila.

So, What’s Next?
So, you thought you were finished huh? Well you are not out of the woods yet, Mol Ni’mai has more to teach you about crafting R.I.S. armor. The next step is to learn how to craft R.I.S. armor layers. In order to complete this task, you will need to hunt down a Peko Peko Albatross Feather or obtain this item from another player. Peko Peko Albatross are unique to the planet of Naboo and can be found at various places around the planet. Researchers have reported that they can be found typically around Theed and Moenia. Be cautious as these majestic creatures are combat level 80 bosses that will death blow. *Note that the R.I.S. layer is not mandatory when crafting R.I.S. armor after the questline, these layers are instead replaced by normal armor layers*

The end in sight…
The final step of learning how to craft R.I.S. armor is to show Mol Ni’mai that you are capable of crafting a pair of R.I.S. armor boots. Once you craft a pair of boots, he will sarcastically laud your for your work, but will then grant you certification to craft all other pieces of the R.I.S. battle armor. In total you will need the following resources to be granted R.I.S. armor certification:
• 2x Giant Dune Kimogila Scales
• 2x Woolamander Harrower Bone Fragment
• 2x Reclusive Gurk King Hide
• 1x Peko Peko Albatross Feather

Congratulations you are now certified to craft R.I.S. armor! Below you can find all required materials to craft each piece and totals for a full suit.

A full crafted suit of R.I.S. armor in stock color.

Like other types of armor, R.I.S. is fully customizable in the kinds of armor layers that you wish to use as well as the color scheme for the armor. Each piece of R.I.S. armor has a wide variety of colors so you can make your armor look exactly how you want! Each piece can also be recolored at any time by an armor color kit. We hope you enjoyed this edition of the Friday Feature! Stay tuned for the next one and get out there and get crafting!
-Dazu