What's new
SWG Beyond

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legendary: Assault on Avatar

Muhtar

Project Admin
Everything that we create on Beyond is for the community and it’s important that we get feedback about new development to ensure that we are all on the same page about new content that is added to the server.

We want to exceed the community’s expectations for anything that we are working on and we can’t do that with out hearing your opinions.

Please post any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions about your experience below!

WBadger

I think a solid portion of the people who have run Avatar can agree with this:

the droidekas and their shield are the equivalent of the TK experts walking or the droids start time in DA. They just increase the time it takes to clear the instance without adding any form of challenge. They're really, really not fun.

Miku

I agree with WBadger about the Droideka shields being unnecessary. Besides that,

I think the NPC's need to drop more loot

The "dodgy strings" (as Smokey likes to call them) that spawn in the last boss room need to be fixed,

On one of the bosses (can't remember which one at the moment... maybe the commando boss or TK?) where all the adds spawn as you are fighting him, that maybe could be looked at? Something just doesn't feel right but maybe its just the shields on the droidekas making it feel like its not working to plan?

Other than that great job! Its really fun and can't wait to get a RLS Box!

WBadger

Miku said:
I agree with WBadger about the Droideka shields being unnecessary. Besides that,

I think the NPC's need to drop more loot

The "dodgy strings" (as Smokey likes to call them) that spawn in the last boss room need to be fixed,

On one of the bosses (can't remember which one at the moment... maybe the commando boss or TK?) where all the adds spawn as you are fighting him, that maybe could be looked at? Something just doesn't feel right but maybe its just the shields on the droidekas making it feel like its not working to plan?

Other than that great job! Its really fun and can't wait to get a RLS Box!

It's the TK boss, and the problem with him is he's way, way too squishy. A tank can guardian strike him to the next percentage threshhold for adds while the rest of the group is still working on the first group levels of squishy. I think at least doubling his health while removing that ridiculous amount of roots/snares that him and his adds (and of course not having broken droideka shields) would go a long way with him so that it's not as likely to accidentally cause the next add waves just by taunting him because he likes to aggro dump.

Ommak07

I think it would be pretty neat if the droidikas had a similar shield comparable to the BH shield ability that way it can be burst down with dmg but the droidika still has the ability to be deadly.

Smokey

Ommak07 said:
I think it would be pretty neat if the droidikas had a similar shield comparable to the BH shield ability that way it can be burst down with dmg but the droidika still has the ability to be deadly.

I actually really like that idea. Yes, it would encourage you to really burst them down.

I believe the TK boss could do with a HP increase. I would suggest increasing it by 50% at first and see how it fairs.

I would say for smugglers, the feeling lucky debuff on the sniper can be somewhat of a death sentence. If you have both feeling lucky and double damage debuff plus the snipe debuff you are going to die. Perhaps bring the snipe debuff to the highest priority for cleanse?

I would suggest that the armour pieces, while great, shouldn't really take a loot slot from the bosses. It'd be great if they dropped from the mini bosses / large SBDs to make it worth clearing them all out.

In all, I really like the avatar and look forward to other legendary heroics.

Bulldawg

Dismayven said:
The instance is great, only problem is the server is severely lacking in geared medics.

Proposal:
Make it so that Medic's get double tokens in this instance to try and convince others to medic, since it is by far the most demanding prof to play in this instance. I know some people like myself are tired of only being asked to bring our medic while everyone else gets to play any toon they want!

Omatche

Bulldawg said:
Proposal:
Make it so that Medic's get double tokens in this instance to try and convince others to medic, since it is by far the most demanding prof to play in this instance. I know some people like myself are tired of only being asked to bring our medic while everyone else gets to play any toon they want!

I've only run this instance twice and told Skiz on my first run i'm close to having my medic geared to be able to allow him to play something else. I can say now after running this i can see why people don't want to play medic for it as i can see how demanding it is on that profession. Giving a greater incentive would increase the willingness but also bring more wipes and fails as people try to adjust to it. Something which could be overcome by some nuturing and training from the more experienced medics so is there need to increase tokens at all?

Omatche

How about a medic specific item that only drops in the instance with no trade attached? forcing people who want it to play that profession thus removing the shortage.