What's new
SWG Beyond

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Spotlight - Praykon/ Forged Steel

Mikuchu

SWGBeyondPlayerSpotlightPraykon.png

Greetings!

We are very excited to share our very first player spotlight with you!

You know him and love him as Praykon on discord and if you read the crafting/resource channels, you will know what a passionate and dedicated member of our server he is.

From keeping everyone up to date on resource spawns on the server/updating the galaxy harvester website, to being a crafting machine on his main character is Forged Steel, we would like to recognize all his efforts and hard work that he has done thus far and say THANK YOU!! Keep up the amazing work!

How long did you play SWG?

From October of 2003 till CU hit, took a break, then returned 2006 in the summer (if I remember correctly)

How did you decide on your character’s name?

I wanted a unique crafters name themed around a blacksmith and Forged Steel fits that theme

What is your favorite memory of SWG?

In Coronet, playing with my sister. She was a Creature Handler and had a Rancor. I was a Fencer/Combat Medic and was arrogant/brave and thought I could conquer the world. She dared to duel me and I thought, ok she’s had it. I accepted and just as soon as I started tickling her Rancor with my stun baton, I was eating dust after just 2 hits, and became kibbles and bits. I laughed for a half an hour and all my bravery and arrogance went out the window.

How does a typical session of SWG look like for you?

First thing I do to start my day is empty any harvesters and while doing so check the resources for new spawns. If there is any change, I update Galaxy Harvester. These are my chores, then it’s time to play, I get my combat character out and play him until I go to sleep for the evening.

What is your favorite profession?

I take a lot of pride in my Armorsmith. It’s what I do well and have always found peace playing; or any crafter for that matter. Armorsmith has always been challenging and in my opinion, the "most" challenging of all the crafting professions in SWG. Me being a retired Diagnostic Technician, Armorsmith serves my interest and fits me well.

What is your favorite species? (if not playable, would you like it to be?)

Wookiee, all the way

What is your favorite piece of content in the game?

The JTL, Star Wars without space, is like having a pizza with no cheese.

What area of the game do you like the best?

The planet Lok, and Qui Gon Jinn's funeral theme music. I feel free out there.

What is your favorite mount or vehicle?

Just the good ole Swoops, nothing fancy! They are cheap and fast and hardly ever let you down.

What is your favorite NPC?

Darth Vader!