What's new
SWG Beyond

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Factory Shipwrite

Ecosse

RE parts were always designed to be better than crafted as an extra incentive to get people up there doing space.
By being able to crit and factory run subs it devalues the looted parts and gives peeps less incentice to get up there. Maybe that was the SOE logic

Niko

The only thing I can think of that would have stopped them doing the factory crates in live is crit rolls.
I am not as familiar with SW as other professions but in BM and WS crit roll subs can make a difference but not massivily overall.
would any sw components that are crit rolled with crit subs be massilvely overpowered?
You would need a whole bunch of resource to do it but is the potential there?
Nope… even if every roll was a crit the crafted items are just fillers until someone can RE looted parts

Niko

Just to expand on that a bit, space parts are not like armor or weapons on the ground. They all talk to one another and need have certain levels of drain to be run properly. When crafting, there are too many areas to experiment on to make crafted parts comparable to looted REd ones. It’s just simply not a concern at all.

Ecosse

Like I said I don't really know SW but it was the only thing I could think of, It might work better for low level stuff like armor where there are not that many things to experiment on but even if it were so it would be hardly worth the effort

Sage-

Well just like crafting food once a schem is made its just multiplecopies of that come out of the factory.. so you are just basically duping the 1st craft. For parts to grind with, Mine, or just fly to IDS. Would be a great Q.O.L and help the server to grow. Hopefully it would encourage people to want to improve thier parts, and learn RE.

Drakkun

I honestly don't see a downside here. Only real loss is the crit rolls but even then it goes into the schem for the factory run if memory serves. It helps foster more growth in the community by encouraging new shipwrights. One of the biggest complaints I hear typically is usually around mass production. It is tedious sometimes especially when you start getting into the higher levels. The only foreseeable downside is the sheer mass of resource drain lol. Overall, it would help those (like me) who don't have a hell of a lot of time to play lately and the community at large by having a larger number of parts on the market.

Sage-

I honestly don't see a downside here. Only real loss is the crit rolls but even then it goes into the schem for the factory run if memory serves. It helps foster more growth in the community by encouraging new shipwrights. One of the biggest complaints I hear typically is usually around mass production. It is tedious sometimes especially when you start getting into the higher levels. The only foreseeable downside is the sheer mass of resource drain lol. Overall, it would help those (like me) who don't have a hell of a lot of time to play lately and the community at large by having a larger number of parts on the market.
I agree especially about the the mass amount of resources used for each part lowering the amount might be beneficial if they will be mass produced.

Goso

I agree especially about the the mass amount of resources used for each part lowering the amount might be beneficial if they will be mass produced.
Completely disagree about on lowering the resources used. When I was actively stocking a vendor (single craft at a time) it cost me the same resources and exponentially more time to do so. The only thing you are getting with this is less time to stock that vendor which encourages you to do other things too!

Sage-

Completely disagree about on lowering the resources used. When I was actively stocking a vendor (single craft at a time) it cost me the same resources and exponentially more time to do so. The only thing you are getting with this is less time to stock that vendor which encourages you to do other things too!
Reducing the time sink it takes to acquire the resources would greatly improve quality of life and yes give you more time to do other fun stuff 😉. How is that bad?

Niko

As mentioned multiple times in this thread, making crafted space parts factory craftable is not only helpful to shipwrights, it is also necessary. All crafting professions have the ability to do this with the majority of their schematic library. SW is the only profession that is not allowed to do this. After examining the totality of this proposal I have found little to no reason this should not be in place.

Areas of concern,

- Implementing this is certain to cause a run on crafted parts having an unknown (but likely detrimental) effect on the economy. The exact effect is unknown but inferences can be gleaned from other crafting professions
- A change in available resources can cause a crafter stocked items to devalue. Also something that current crafters face.
- Crit rolls may make mass produced items too prevalent. This cannot happen as the number of areas requiring experimentation are so numerous on space parts that even if every roll was an amazing success, crafted items still could not come close to competing with reverse engineered parts.

Areas of benefit,

- Currently crafted items have to be hand made individually. This is time consuming and has caused most shipwrights to avoid the profession outside of personal crafting projects (myself included)
- Healthy competition between shipwrights currently does not exist as even the best shipwrights don't bother mass producing items. Implementing this will create a new niche of crafting and marketing that currently does not exist.
- Because of the time and tedious nature of this process, the availability of good crafted parts for new pilots is non-existent. Making this change will alleviate this almost overnight and help new pilots find what they need to get through their quests.

To specify the proposal, we are recommending that all profession wheel items become factory runnable. If it is in the profession wheel it should be able to be run in a factory. Resource quantities should NOT be changed as that is the silent governor that will keep this limited to small runs. For clarification though, here are a few exceptions that must be implemented,

- Any craftable reward schematic
- Any craftable item purchased from a vendor
- Any Nova/Orion engine schematic (I cannot stress this one enough)

Some discussion was offered about chassis. I personally do not see an issue with it. If someone lands fantastic rolls on an A wing chassis and wants to make a run on them, I believe strongly that the resource restrictions and required amounts will always keep this number small and give merchants something to develop notoriety. This one I leave to the discretion of the server hosts.

In all, every possible problem this might create can be countered with pointing out that other crafting professions are already able to do this and face the same concerns. I highly recommend this change be made as soon as developmentally possible. Once done, I will monitor this very closely to ensure that there isn't something we have overlooked. After careful consideration though, I believe this will be a massive benefit to the profession, to the community, the economy and specifically to pilots overall. I am available for discussion when/if needed or desired.

Niko

BIOHAZARD

you only have a hand full of people that do space stuff the the people that dont run space either complain they just dont like it or the lack of parts this would should open up the door to the few that are lacking in parts nothing about this is game breaking and honestly opens a door to new piolets as well as shipwrights