What's new
SWG Beyond

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QoL Changes

Sygnetix

I'll be adding to this periodically:

-Some form of player accessible testing area with blue frogs. Don't need a carbon copy of the server, but something as simple as.....say talus imp outpost with no NPCs other then blue frogs, plenty of target dummies in case there are multiple people testing, and the old school battlefield walls that lock people in. Could probably run something like this off your dev server without too much drain. Even a black area with a giant rectangular room would be nice.

-Allow the veteran reward storyteller boss tokens to be placed in houses or within the players backpack instead of bank/top level inv only. Same with some paintings. ADDED - veteran reward storyteller tokens are no longer unique.

-Come up with a system to grant some of the old deco rewards from now gone NPCs such as "a businessman" and others. ADDED Jas Etoll, located at Mos Eisley to purchase random paintings.

-Make backpacks work with junk dealers. Small, personal request but if they're sold to a junk dealer, it glitches out and has to be deleted from inv. ADDED

-Make robes, lightsaber crystals, viewscreen, datapad, schematics, recycler pieces, etc be sellable to junk dealers for 1k like the rug, statue, gong, and table build pieces to bring uniformity to the loot table and make inventory management less of a chore.

-and/or allow us a function to opt out of looting jedi-related or crafter-related or BM-related items.

Long Term

-Allow mayors to access a more zoomed out top-down view of the city and pack up and replace structures of citizens without affecting their citizenship so a mayor can more directly manipulate the city as it expands and/or shrinks.

-Addition of a "City Manager" NPC inside the city hall tthat allows the mayor to purchase upgrades for the city, such as factional flavor NPCs (similar to storyteller tokens but they dont despawn after 24hrs), static deco, and a second specialization. This would allow citys to become unique and would see the massive amount of storyteller-type items have more actual use. Perhaps "power" the City Manager with tokens so as to not entirely repalce Storyteller but allow the Mayor and militia to deposit 100 tokens at a time that automatically space and replace previous ones precisely where placed (the storyteller blueprint system is complete trash).

Dismayven

A development road map listing what is currently being worked on, what is in testing, what is planned after the previously listed stuff is done, eta on 6th character slot etc. ADDED

More cosmetic headwear, we need more hats, goggles etc there are not many in game and a lot of them look horrible. ADDED

Elite geothermal harvesters please please please. Ever tried to manage 30-40 single lot harvesters? ADDED

Faster speeders. ADDED

Admin rights added to harvesters so my trader can empty them all. ADDED

auto reporting of resources to GH, Jariah spends way too much of his game time updating them manually. ADDED via intergalactic survey droids.

we really need seafood to autostack in the inventory because manually stacking 7-10 units at a time every 7 seconds on 4 characters for like 10 hours to get a 30k stack is just horrible LMAO. ADDED

single lot houses for other planets instead of just the naboo style 2. ADDED

i will update my post later if i think of other stuff i forgot to ask for :D

cyubscooter

Couple of things come to mind:
  • Harvester access granted to all characters on the same account. ADDED
  • Increase default hopper retrieve amount to anything over the max for elite storage. ADDED
  • Enable double click to travel for ITV's and Terms. ADDED
  • Remove 80% of the mobs from Legendary Avatar Instance (Way more people would do it if it didn't take 2-3 hours)
  • Grant full duration med buffs to the group loading into Legendary Avatar
  • Don't remove Ent buffs from players who die in Legendary Avatar. ADDED via entertainer system.
  • Basically we need to speed up Legendary Avatar to make it more feasible, and those are just a couple of ideas
  • Speed up the Experts in TK Instance. ADDED
  • Examine the impact of Research Center specialization on experimentation rolls. ADDED city specialization buffs indicating bonus.
Will update if anything else strikes me.

ROECHACCA

1) Wookiee armors. Wookiee chest needs to hold 2 35's because Wookiees helmet is not separate.
2) Atmospheric Flight. ADDED - BoM
3) All officer grenades and stims stack
4) A specialty mustafar harvester (small) Maybe reward item
5) PoB Houses
6) More crafting Deco. There are tons of cool decorations every where but no way to craft many of them.

rcoz

Enable Secrets of the Syren quest for the rigger, most helpful for traders for transporting to harvesters locations. - ADDED Corellian G9 Rigger Freighter ITV
via exclusive questline

When placing harvesters, automatically add all toons for that account as admins. ADDED - synchronize, which allows a player to radial on a structure (house sign, factory, harvester, etc) and add their alts.
Default the number of resources in the hopper when collecting to what's actually in the hopper. ADDED

Miku

1. When you place a house/harvester all your toons on that account added to admin automatically. ADDED - synchronize, which allows a player to radial on a structure (house sign, factory, harvester, etc) and add their alts.

2. Add a way to pay maintenance without having to visit the structure.

3. Be able to list multiple items on vendors that are at the same price all at once - example: when you shift + scroll + click to list all expired items back to vendor.

4. Allow resources to be removed from harvester all at once. ADDED

5. implement storage boxes that hold more than 50 items for crafting storage. ADDED

6. increase inventory overload limit when using the /inventory overload pickupall command

7. Add renewable resources to the resource deed

8. Decrease resources needed to craft BM consumables. ADDED

9. Allow inventory overload when foraging

10. Allow pets/droids to join group - and if so without consuming a group spot

11. Allow players to choose which SP they would like to go to from shuttle the avatar legendary heroic to allow for faster rebuffing

12. Auto grant med buffs when entering the avatar platform legendary heroic to allow for faster rebuffing

Miku

1. Put ship terminal on Mustafar so you don't have to wait for the shuttle. ADDED

2. Allow for extended med buffs and ent buffs in Aurilia ADDED - the guild hall will now allow entertainers to buff, with duration. A medic has been added near the transport area to allow players to purchase med buffs for 25k

3. Allow vehicles to be called in some of the kashyyyk instances- IE Etyyy, Kkowir forest

4. Implement kit that you can attach to vehicles to allow them to go over lava. ADDED

5. Fix whisper bird mount speed. ADDED

6. Implement system to make it easier to share credits between toons - IE account bank.

Miku

1. Add loot to droid army NPC’s. ADDED

2. Implement consistent color pallets to armor and clothing to allow for uniform recoloring

3. Increase duration on mustafar injector. ADDED

4. Increase the duration or take away the duration on familiars. ADDED

ShadowOrdo

- 6th Character slot so I can stop doing the work of five people, and be doing the work of six instead. ADDED

Thanks!

ShadowOrdo

Publishing a Master List, or even better yet setting up a SWGBeyondWiki, of all the specific Beyond changes so us players have a resource to go off of for all things. Currently we all operate off other sites content changes such as Legends, or the old Live Servers wiki on items. ADDED https://wiki.swgbeyond.com/

Specifically off the top of my head, this master list would help both advertise the content additions server has done, but also inform current player base of specific additions/changes so we can make informed goals and choices on what to act upon. Things such as:

- The Trader Specific Heroic Set called Tinker Set. (It's like heroism but comes with 2 valuable skills, i still encounter players on a daily basis who ask me about my Weapon Smiths heroic set bonus). ADDED new Trader Jewelry Sets, covering all trader specializations.

- The varied changes to and additions of custom Beyond weapon skins. Currently none of the theoretical weapon skin caps from mustafar / Hoth / and now Avatar are published and us WS's are operating somewhat blind on what is actual cap. (we need to look at other skins from live that were 2%'s on the SWG wiki from live.)

- GCW vendor additions. ADDED

-Restuss Vendor Comm adjustment changes (they are more expensive here). ADDED

- Invasion vendor changes. (like restuss, they cost more but are raised to 2%)

I could prob go on in terms of what the Beyond Master List should detail, but I think I made my point.

Dom

Some of these ideas might be a bit larger than just a QoL update, but I just wanted to share some ideas I had with the community. :)

• Preview(Analyze) Schematic Tab
    • Currently, the only way the user knows what a draft schematic(either on a vendor or in a player's inventory) actually looks like is actually buying it and learning it. I suggest adding another tab onto schematics, that let the user preview the item and see what it actually looks like. I did a little mock-up of what it could possibly look like. After clicking "Analyze Schematic", an examine window would appear of the desired item. Capture.JPG
  • Player City Starports
    • I know this idea has been bouncing around a lot within the SWG community, but I believe its just such a cool idea to create a player-owned metropolis.. This could possibly work by allowing only a number of player controlled cities to reach a certain rank, allowing them to place a starport in their city. There could be a system that looks at the top 3(can also be more/less, depending on server population, planet, etc..) cities with most number of active residents, and allows that city to have their very own starport. This would allow players to travel to those cities from other planets. This also provides an opportunity to add new things for structures traders to craft. Different variants of starports; generic(the Corellia one for example), Naboo, Tatooine, and also the outpost one(Restuss).
  • Reverse Engineering and In-Depth Trader 5 pieces
    • Now this idea is just trying to cater a bit to traders. I really like the entertainer system that is currently implemented and I think something similar like that too trader would be magical.
      • RE 5 piece (Perhaps Tinkerer addition?) : Nobody wants to get carpal tunnel syndrome from playing SWG. Perhaps offering a slight increase to reverse engineering chance on the Tinkerer 5 piece would help prevent that. This would allow bits to flip more often. (NOTE: I do not want make RE easy mode. Just give it a little nudge.) Or even let the wearer of the 5 piece, choose what order the powerbit to be. Getting this set, could be similar to the entertainer system, random chance to get a token while REing, for example. ADDED via Trader System.
      • In-Depth Trader 5 Pieces : Now these would be able to cater to each sub-profession of trader. Perhaps sets that offer increased experimentation and assembly points for that sub-profession. But, maybe that's too boring? A more spicy idea, would be perhaps a "Master Chef" 5 piece. This could maybe allow the chef to increase stats even further of foods/drinks or maybe even a bonus buff is applied when consuming a master chef's food? Perhaps; "Well Fed", applying a slight increase to stats. This could be applied to all trader sub-professions. Nobody wants traders in their heroic runs, so possibly allowing traders to receive tokens on successful crafts (might not be best idea, since everyone will just AFK this...) or some sort of collection/quest that rewards the jewelry pieces. ADDED via Trader System.
  • Provide a means for users to see what SWG:Beyond has, that makes it unique to other servers. Arenas, entertainer system, Avatar platform, TCG items, etc... ADDED via SWGBeyondWiki.

Bossek

Well an idea is increase the size from Factory crates from 25 to 100 or max 1000.Saves a lot of space for the traders. ADDED
Just an Idea.

Evren

Give Pet Mounts a Reason

Pet mounts are one of the most underused assets in SWG. One of the main reasons is that they are SLOW! SW Lore shows that pet mounts were used in a wide variety of scenarios. A prime example is the Narglatch. ADDED new item: Swift Saddle via World Boss Moment to increase existing mount speed. Also added new mounts with increased speed.

"This beast could keep pace with a BARC speeder in battlefield scenarios". This is one perfect example to increase speed of only some beasts that fit the bill.

I'd also like to see the Narglatch added as a mount in game.

Smokey

Add light bending Barc back into the game (I miss that). ADDED

Also, the entertainer buff lasts like 6h 15min with the jewlery set. Would be nice if the Lasting performance buff lasted the same duration as the ent buff along with perhaps a slightly shorter cooldown. This will help with rebuffing times during the PvP events! :D ADDED

ShadowOrdo

Here are a few more quick suggestions:

- Allow pet food to be made in a factory. ADDED

- The ability to resize journal. ADDED

Ommak07

• Master Tamers Necklace – Allow Exp Bonus % for leveling pets. ADDED via Legendary CoM / Legendary Creature Taming Necklace.
(example: with MTN equipped pets gain an additional 250xp)
• In game Jukebox From storyteller prop be converted into working decoration item usable for players on admin to building. ADDED
• Bring iconic speeders up to speed with other feasible speeders like swoop/barc speeds (Swamp Speeder, AV-21, XJ, ect..) ADDED new item: Acceleration Enhancement via World Boss Moment to increase vehicle top speed.
• Alter Aug quality in Treasure map loot boxes (not wanting 30's/250's) Maybe increase RNG range so 25's/225's are more common. ADDED
• Remove the spam of lower level/droid commands abilities on toolbars after changing professions. ADDED
• Organize abilities in the commands tab (Moving droid abilities to a new tab). ADDED
• Macros be automatically dumped upon cloning (To stop farming pvp kills/self) ADDED
• Have Turrets at Invasions still kill you but have a decay to your buffs (I.E buff decay just like a pvp kill)

Just a few I've thought of and seen between conversations with the community (will be adding things if more come to mind)

Brotix

1) Remove the Fiberplast Panel Subcomponent requirement from Mabari Armor Belt to allow Munitions Traders to RE as efficiently as DEs and Domestics. ADDED

2) Allow No Trade Shared items to be traded between characters on the same account rather than having to drop them in a house and pick them up. ADDED via magwits transmitter.