What's new
SWG Beyond

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Space Quality of Life (QOL) Suggestions

Van

Greetings Beyonders!

Please Post your Space oriented Quality of Life (QoL) suggestions here!

Note: This is for space oriented QoLs only, others can be made here: QoL Changes

The first post below are the previous ones from an older thread (so they can be documented and archived here).

Update: The following suggestions (at least, maybe more depending how often I update this) have been implemented so far (and we look forward to implementing even more):

Change starting times for space battles so that every hour there is at least one and not three at the same time. (Note: This has been implemented, and is even trackable via the discord now.)

-Space Mining
I feel a slight bump in the amount you gather per asteroid would be a very welcomed change. Macros help as it is, but its still a manual process. More resources gets more parts/chassis out on the market especially for the things that players are going to need for high level space stuff. I don't think schematics use a ton of space resources thus why I think only a slight bump would do. If that isn't possible, then a slight decrease of the space resources in schematics would achieve the same effect. (Note: This has been Implemented with a 50% increase in asteroid mined.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Van

Van (Feb 8th, 2020):
I'd like to see the ability to fly other faction ships (still restricted by tier). For example, a Neutral smuggler would be able to steal and fly a TIE (as could a Rebel), an Imperial might commandeer a Kimo, or capture an X-Wing, etc. However, there should be consequences for this (such as you're attack-able by the faction you stole it from, even if you otherwise wouldn't be). An Imperial, flying a rebel ship, would likely be attacked by other imperials before they could explain. The Hutts seeing an Imperial or Rebel flying one of their stolen ships would be outraged and attack, and we can only imagine how a Rebel flying an Imperial ship into a swarm of A-Wings would fare. It should be an option, but comes with consequences.

Oh, I almost forgot, please add a / command for Home Port. It is so annoying to have to open the menu just to select it. With a / command (/homeport perhaps) we could setup a macro and tie it to a keyboard command or something. Thanks.

Korad (Feb 9th, 2020):
Move all mission givers closer/into the spaceports. (Tatooine Talon Karrde and Lady Valarian could stay where they are since they are non-space related mission givers as well)

Award 2 Borstels/Tri-Cannons instead of one.

Allow use of heavier mass fighters even for the first tiers.

Allow to comm space stations from at least 2k out (and not <1.2k as it is atm).

Upgrade component analysis tools (CATs) to add more than 6% bonus for REing. Make it 10% for every level. Maybe by changing the craft schematic to require rarer materials to build this SCAT (super component analysis tool).

Reduce time it takes to calculate a hyper jump.

Reduce time it takes to be able to call in Bomber Strikes et al.

Fix the droid commands not being shown in the management screen of the ship (I have it on all my ships/toons, so this is either a me-related bug or a general one).

Upgrade the engines' top speeds in general.

Try to find a way to bring the KSE into the game besides looting the KSE discs and having to craft it (loot the discs and get a schematic or get the schematic and mine some rare materials).

Space battles are still buggy and laggy. Every time a corvette enters the systems it looks like there is like 3-4 of them instead of one.
(Battle is fine, there is only one corvette, just looks different when entering).

Space battles: Allow corvettes to be damaged by players beyond armor/shield.

Change starting times for space battles so that every hour there is at least one and not three at the same time. (Note: This has been implemented, and is even trackable via the discord now.)

Generally, it would be really great if the UI could be enlarged/enhanced. Running the game on a 4k screen makes the comm pop-ups hardly readable. Target screen is small as well. So some scaling option would be sweet.

Speed up character movement on the ground when a space mission is in the datapad - especially traders seem to be very slow on the ground.

Allow pilots to use lvl 4 equipment right from the start.

Raise XP for Tier 4+5 kills by 50 % (we know we have to grind in the endgame [Nova et al] so spare us the grind before that).

Give us some more space collections (KSE maybe a collection reward?).

Get rid of the Security Check Officers in Theed.

Semgol (Feb 9th, 2020):
Just a few things need a tweak When looking at ship component droid interface does not list what chip are programmed on the fc / droid duty missions not spawning any t2 scrappers and a small increase in duty missions token would be nice / auto pilot is off slightly when travelling to space station as is targeting asteroids

Korad (Feb 15th, 2020, Mar 7th, 2020, and Mar 9th, 2020):
Please enhance the payout of duty missions - tokens are the only good way to get some decent loot [as Semgol already stated before].

Adjust the loot tables so tier 4/5 duty missions drop space loot of lvl 7/8 or lvl 9/10 and not a whole lot of lvl 1 to 4.

Is there some way to allow configuring a spaceship from your home and not always just from the spaceport terminal?

Upgrade booster efficiency and duration by 20 %.

Freelancers and Rebs get the best weapon drops (T8 Borstel or Tri-Cannons) - add some reward for Imperial pilots of the same quality to a T4 mission.

Add a "sell all"-button for the chassis vendor so one can sell all the space loot at once.

Add some rewards for space battle participants.
Like a loot crate or specific space parts that are always in demand.

To add some more details for space battle rewards:

A loot crate should be the reward for participating at the end of the battle (every time).
Containing 10-15 pcs (keep in mind it is an hour-long battle with approximately 30 minutes of just sitting there) that are sought after as following
- weapons levels 8 + 10 (small chance of a Borstel or Tri-Cannon)
- shields level 8 + 10
- reactors levels 6, 7, 8
- armor levels 6, 8, 10
- some droid interfaces (need info whether DI level determines the kinf of convoy info contained or not)
- space resources that usually need to be mined (not sure whether this possible at all)
All other parts are better when crafted so no need to loot/RE them.

Nasaan (May 1, 2020):
*Increase of Duty mission token rewards - 2x or possibly 3x (others have stated this as well) people will realistically be grinding hundreds of thousands of duty mission tokens over their time in space, if they want to get a top level loadout. I know people how have dumped 500k+ tokens trying to get 1 unicorn stat to finish a long term project.

*Mass increases to certain ships to bring them inline with their counterparts and/or the size of the chassis itself. All the neutral ships are enormous compared to their factional counterparts, They should have more mass to compensate. Also, Seeing ships like the Y-Wing match the Tie Bomber for speed and mass.

*I agree this should definitely help the server in its current state, and with new pilots -- Would become irrelevant if the space community grows and people are constantly running convoys for loot crates.

*Make all shipwright parts be able to produce a manufacturing schematic for mass production of standard shipwright schematics.

*banned player* (May 2nd, 2020) (Note: I've included the suggestion for the archive but have omitted their name and the responses to their post that were not suggestions):
Allow Bounty Hunters to Hunt Players in Space
- Add this, and this community will expand greatly!!!!!!!!!

- Add Ord Mantell to Starship Terminal for easy traveling

Smilelikejoker (Dec 6th, 2020):
Number one priority should be working on the space battle bugs. These battles have second/third order effects. With that said...

- Duty Tokens
I feel they need a 'slight' adjustment. Not the 2x or 3x as suggested, but just a small bump. Maybe use the values that are awarded when declared SF as a gauging point. Another option could be just lowering the cost of parts from Nunes (could be a faster solution). Additionally or alternately, I feel there should be a bonus for fully completing the duty mission. This might be harder to implement due the mission is completed/over a few different ways.

-No Borstel/Tri-Cannon in the Imp Squadrons
I feel the easiest solution would to just replace the level 7 Sienar Design Systems "Boltdriver" rewards in all squadrons to the level 8 Borstel. Most pilots want those level 8 Borstels/Tri-Cannons as they are pound-for-pound the best weapons in the game.

-No Need for 2x Borstel/Tri-Cannon Rewards
There is a very nice level 8 weapon that can be crafted called the Experimental Borstel. It's not on par with the reward level 8 weapons, but they are pretty close when crafted. The issue is that you need space battle tokens to get the schematic at a cost of 300 for a one-time use. A slight work around, until space battles are corrected, would be to lower the cost of these schematics. Alternately, you could make it a two or three-use schematic. It would make it easier for crafters to get these to the masses. This would allow several more pilots to get better loadouts that are competitive and allow them to participate in the higher level space stuff without having to master several different squadrons. Multiple mastering would still be something the hardcore pilots would still strive for just to have the slightly better weapons. Lets not take that away...

-Convoy Plan Rewards for Group Members
I really like this idea, but can also see where this be abused. There would need to be some discussions on balance while still enticing players to participate. I've only successfully completed one convoy plan by myself and don't recall it acting like a mission. That could make things harder to implement.

-Shared Waypoints for Missions
If this could be implemented, that would be great. This would really enhance group play in space.

-Space Mining
I feel a slight bump in the amount you gather per asteroid would be a very welcomed change. Macros help as it is, but its still a manual process. More resources gets more parts/chassis out on the market especially for the things that players are going to need for high level space stuff. I don't think schematics use a ton of space resources thus why I think only a slight bump would do. If that isn't possible, then a slight decrease of the space resources in schematics would achieve the same effect. (Note: This has been Implemented with a 50% increase in asteroid mined.)

-RE Bonus/Chassis Mass Adjustments
This is a slippery area in my opinion. Adjusting the RE bonus would alienate long-term space pilots who spent hours upon hours trying for that perfect RE job. If any adjustments were going to be considered, I'd say stick with adjusting the ships. Nothing crazy though. I'm thinking about balance versus just increasing mass.

Niko (May 28th, 2021):
Space Convoys....

Convoy Loot Crates; When the loot box drops it is under control of the person who drops the burst generator. However the box is no trade. Once opened the box will auto-delete. So if a group leader wants to give the contents of the box drop to another player they have to first open the box and then trade the individual parts to the player. This runs the risk of the group leader not telling the player who is being traded the parts about a very high quality loot drop. In my opinion the loot crates need to be tradeable so that group leaders can trade a crate to another player without opening the item. This will retain the integrity of the loot for the player receiving it and allow for better group inter-connectivity allowing everyone involved to receive a crate of loot for work applied.

This is particularly helpful to non-pilots who participate in POB turrets who cannot drop a burst generator but would like to receive loot for helping.

Convoy Loot Crates (Named); If the loot crates are made tradeable it would be helpful to either color code them or name them for tier level so that the person receiving it or buying it can know for sure which level they are obtaining.

Comp Analysis Tool (Space); with talk about adding an analysis tool for raw parts it would be helpful if we could either see the hidden decimals or see how the server will round the part. To clarify, many parts have hidden stats that the server recognizes but players can't see. A level 8 engine, for example, might have pitch of 75.5. By all mathematics that should RE to 80.03. However, the server sees the number as 75.51243201. This can run the risk of rounding the .5 down to a .4 in the RE process and pull the final stat down to 79.9. A toll that either auto rounds prior to the RE process or allows a player to see the full decimal will prevent depressing RE mistakes on high end projects.

Also, it would be wonderful if black sun ace helms could be colored.... maybe two tones with a few options each on the pallet?

Hoodrych (May 30th, 2021):
Niko said:

Also, it would be wonderful if black sun ace helms could be colored.... maybe two tones with a few options each on the pallet? 🙂
I like this, or add a new schematic version of the BSAH that can be dropped via RLS or space loot boxes (w/e they are called) or via duty missions or via space gcw tokens.

Niko (June 2nd, 2021 and Dec 15th, 2021):
Hoodrych said:

I like this, or add a new schematic version of the BSAH that can be dropped via RLS or space loot boxes (w/e they are called) or via duty missions or via space gcw tokens.
I actually had the idea for a color kit schematic to drop with various colors in different areas of rarity....so black for example could be the most rare.... I dunno...maybe over thinking it. Not sure I agree with the loot being in the RLS... I'd rather see them in the T5 convoy loot boxes

Please make phase 4 of Nyms Star Map optional to pay out the credits from the character's cash/bank, eliminating the need to run back to Narmle unnecessarily. This could be a credit sink for players who can afford it but also give the option for newer players to run back to Narmle to get the money if they can't afford it.

This is one of things that Legends got right. They implemented this about 2 years ago. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Both Neutral and Rebel pilots on all six respective aces can start their first mission using a heavy variant. For some reason though, imperials cannot start using the heavy variant until T2. This just does not make sense and changing it will have zero effect on game play.

I recommend changing the requirements for the chassis so that imperial pilots can switch immediately to their heavy variant at T0

Brellon (Dec 29th, 2021):
How about a "Nym's Starmap" ITV. This item would start off with a quest to complete the Nym Starmap questline which would be granted after obtaining Ace Pilot from either Admiral Burke or Admiral Declann.

It would be obtained as a NO TRADE item, and only after several completed runs. The ITV would offer you a teleport to the following locations: downed escape pod (Rori), Nym's Hotel (Narmle, Rori), Slaver Camp (Kashyyyk), Spider clan cave entrance (dathomir), and finally the ramp of the Lucky Despot (Tatooine).

Debatable: I'd be in favor of also requiring a need to maintain Ace Pilot status in order use the ITV. This would make sense, as none of the rewards can even be used by a pilot unless they are certified for level 8+ components anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

SolemnTiger

Van (Feb 8th, 2020):
I'd like to see the ability to fly other faction ships (still restricted by tier). For example, a Neutral smuggler would be able to steal and fly a TIE (as could a Rebel), an Imperial might commandeer a Kimo, or capture an X-Wing, etc. However, there should be consequences for this (such as you're attack-able by the faction you stole it from, even if you otherwise wouldn't be). An Imperial, flying a rebel ship, would likely be attacked by other imperials before they could explain. The Hutts seeing an Imperial or Rebel flying one of their stolen ships would be outraged and attack, and we can only imagine how a Rebel flying an Imperial ship into a swarm of A-Wings would fare. It should be an option, but comes with consequences.
I like this idea, but this implementation seems like it'd be a PITA... Maybe separate quests/missions to get the training to be able to fly them? Maybe culminating in a mixed ground/space mission that we have to steal a ship then escape with it? Edit- while I'm thinking up coding nightmares for the staff, maybe a progression of these, where you have to work your way up to the top-end ships?

I think this is unnecessary. While nothing can top a properly RE'd Borstel Disruptor/Tri-Cannon, they are otherwise obtainable (convoy crates, multiple pilot certs,) and there are very viable alternatives until you can get more, Like the Experimental Borstel schematics.

Space battles are still buggy and laggy. Every time a corvette enters the systems it looks like there is like 3-4 of them instead of one.
(Battle is fine, there is only one corvette, just looks different when entering).
Along the same line, I think participation and interest would go up in a massive way for the system space battles if the lag can be addressed somehow. As it stands, I do the bare minimum to get tokens for participation and just run duty missions until the battle is over.

Generally, it would be really great if the UI could be enlarged/enhanced. Running the game on a 4k screen makes the comm pop-ups hardly readable. Target screen is small as well. So some scaling option would be sweet.
I've posted about this one before, and am demonstrating my enthusiasm again... 🥺

-No Borstel/Tri-Cannon in the Imp Squadrons
I feel the easiest solution would to just replace the level 7 Sienar Design Systems "Boltdriver" rewards in all squadrons to the level 8 Borstel. Most pilots want those level 8 Borstels/Tri-Cannons as they are pound-for-pound the best weapons in the game.
Both Neutral and Rebel pilots on all six respective aces can start their first mission using a heavy variant. For some reason though, imperials cannot start using the heavy variant until T2. This just does not make sense and changing it will have zero effect on game play.
Freelancers and Rebs get the best weapon drops (T8 Borstel or Tri-Cannons) - add some reward for Imperial pilots of the same quality to a T4 mission.
In this same line of thought, I've always felt like Imperials get the short end of the stick in a BIG way pre-master. I think Imperial ships could benefit greatly from a balance pass. For example: TIE Interceptors should have two gun slots instead of one to be in parity with Privateers and Rebels, not to mention just the established ship-design logic. I would strongly advocate adding a gun slot and a commensurate amount of mass capacity to the chassis. IMO, TIE Interceptors should be in the same general mass range as a regular X-wing; perhaps a little less. 90-95k is what I think. Edit- And of course adjust the CG Interceptor upwards to match.

There are other areas like this one that could use a look, I think.

- Duty Tokens
I feel they need a 'slight' adjustment. Not the 2x or 3x as suggested, but just a small bump. Maybe use the values that are awarded when declared SF as a gauging point. Another option could be just lowering the cost of parts from Nunes (could be a faster solution). Additionally or alternately, I feel there should be a bonus for fully completing the duty mission. This might be harder to implement due the mission is completed/over a few different ways.
Agreed, though I think the simplest and most direct solution is through adjustment of Kash Nunes' prices. Grinding tokens for stat-parts is an enormous PITA.

-Shared Waypoints for Missions
If this could be implemented, that would be great. This would really enhance group play in space.
In a gigantic way. In the same line of thought, would it be possible to separate out space missions from ground-based mission in the journal? Meaning allowing 2 ground and 2 space missions instead of the two total that we currently have?

Please make phase 4 of Nyms Star Map optional to pay out the credits from the character's cash/bank, eliminating the need to run back to Narmle unnecessarily. This could be a credit sink for players who can afford it but also give the option for newer players to run back to Narmle to get the money if they can't afford it.
Oh god, yes please... I'd happily spend the cash to save the extra Narmle-ME trip...

How about a "Nym's Starmap" ITV. This item would start off with a quest to complete the Nym Starmap questline which would be granted after obtaining Ace Pilot from either Admiral Burke or Admiral Declann.

It would be obtained as a NO TRADE item, and only after several completed runs. The ITV would offer you a teleport to the following locations: downed escape pod (Rori), Nym's Hotel (Narmle, Rori), Slaver Camp (Kashyyyk), Spider clan cave entrance (dathomir), and finally the ramp of the Lucky Despot (Tatooine).

Debatable: I'd be in favor of also requiring a need to maintain Ace Pilot status in order use the ITV. This would make sense, as none of the rewards can even be used by a pilot unless they are certified for level 8+ components anyways.
Definitely would not suck, but something this useful should probably be very difficult to obtain. I'm thinking RLS, or a quest on par with the G-9 quest in difficulty.

That's my deci-cred's worth.

Last edited:

SolemnTiger

In this same line of thought, I've always felt like Imperials get the short end of the stick in a BIG way pre-master. I think Imperial ships could benefit greatly from a balance pass. For example: TIE Interceptors should have two gun slots instead of one to be in parity with Privateers and Rebels, not to mention just the established ship-design logic. I would strongly advocate adding a gun slot and a commensurate amount of mass capacity to the chassis. IMO, TIE Interceptors should be in the same general mass range as a regular X-wing; perhaps a little less. 90-95k is what I think. Edit- And of course adjust the CG Interceptor upwards to match.

There are other areas like this one that could use a look, I think.
Related to this point is another idea that's been in my head since all the way back when JTL first launched...

Before I begin, I want to be upfront: This is less a QOL thought-line and more of a overhaul. There are facets of what I'm going to cover that absolutely qualify as QOL items and I'll note them as such. For the rest, feel free to tell me to put it somewhere else, just please point me to where.

As someone who's played every Star Wars flight game ever produced, a nagging complaint for me is that the SWG implementation of all the starships (gunboats excluded) robbed them of their identities. For the most part, each ship is supposed to have its own niche or specialization. The X-wing: General, good all-around starfighter. The Y-wing/TIE Bomber: Tough, high damage, sluggish. TIE Fighter: Good general use, designed to rely on strength in numbers. TIE Interceptor/A-wing: Nimble, Fast, not-quite glass cannon. TIE Defender: With firepower between an X-wing and B-Wing, speed of an A-wing with maneuverability better than a TIE Interceptor, and shields superior to an X-wing, easily the meanest (and most expensive) starfighter in existence.
There are more examples, but these are ones that I think most people can relate to, even if you haven't had experience with other games or a knowledge of canon.

With the system that JTL was built on, these different roles and their specialists blur heavily; in several cases to the point of several chassis being obsolete. When was the last time you saw someone flying a Y-wing Longprobe at master? Or a TIE Bomber? Some of these chassis have a common problem that needs a look. Others are just abandoned to the prescribed meta, and could benefit greatly from tweaks or adjustments.

The greatest of these are the bomber-class starfighters and by reviewing single facet of starflight could go a long way to resolving this issue for these chassis; missile weapons. Missile weapons are greatly under-used and for good reason; They are a pitiful shadow of what they should be. Their range is 1/2 to 1/4 of what the should be, and their damage is at minimum half what it should be. By increasing missile range to double the current (~600m to begin locking on,) there is a long list of chassis that would immediately benefit. This is a QOL change that would make a huge difference at every level of space flight, and make a good number of chassis useful to fly where now they are practically pointless to use.

However, this solution only partly addresses a broad problem. While the great freedom of customization that this system gives us is fantastic, it comes at the cost of marginalizing and rendering obsolete many chassis. For this reason, I propose a new approach to the mass system. I think the most viable solution is to implement an "Optimal Mass" stat for each chassis along side the current maximum mass stat, while not necessarily leaving the maximum mass at its current level. A couple of examples of exceptions to this I'll address after the following example.

Using the A-wing as an example, as I feel like it's pretty well balanced for what it is:
Typically, an A-wing's mass is in the 65-66k range. For this example, let's assume we're working with a 65k mass ship. With that ship, I can mount Mk IV Shields and engines, level 1 armor, a Mk II droid interface and Level 2 RE'd capacitor, a level 5 or 6 RE'd reactor, a RE'd or crafted Level 8 gun, and a chaff launcher. A solidly rounded out ship. What I would propose is for an A-wing, 65k become the optimum mass, with an absolute maximum of 80k mass. But using that extra 15k mass wouldn't be free... Up to 70k mass used, I would have the penalty be relatively minor... Small percentage loss of maneuverability, with a matching penalty to acceleration/deceleration. For the next 5k mass used, double the penalty and add in a speed penalty, and the final 5k, quadrupling the penalty and doubling the speed penalty.

This system has many bonuses, and that I can see from here, no drawbacks (please point out any that you see.) It gives an easily adjusted balance mechanism to every starfighter. It allows pilots greater customization options. And it allows reigning in of some ships that desperately need it. Warning: JSF-hate ahead...

The JSF is the single largest balance travesty that I think SOE ever implemented. A ship this small should not be able to mount what it can while being as maneuverable and fast as it is. This is a ship that I would leave it's maximum mass alone (90k) and implement an optimum mass at a lower value (70k-ish.) And the same, but to a lesser extent, the B-22 (Grievous Starfighter.) I fly these ships, yes, but I don't like it. They're the best available tools in some circumstances (Imp Tier 4 & Master missions specifically.) With adjustments in the right places, I'd happily hang the JSF up in favor of something else.

It occurred to me as I sat here writing, there's another angle that this could go at as well that would help pilots a little while leveling without upsetting balance: A minimum mass value... I don't mean "Your ship must mass this much" by that, but rather adding a little maneuverability and speed down to a certain mass. For example:
A Y-wing caps out in mass in the 155-160k range if memory serves, but let's go with 150 for this math exercise. So 150k max mass, and say optimum of 130k. There's no way a tier two pilot is going to get anywhere near 130k mass, much less 150. With a minimum mass of say 110k, let the pilot have a bonus to a max of say 2/3 of the max penalty to speed and maneuverability for being over optimal... That's not an insignificant amount, but it's not enough to shove someone all the way through the pilot tree either... Thoughts?

Thanks for getting this far... TL;DR -
QOL - Double Missile Weapon range
Modify the mass system to both allow more flexibility and give some starfighters their identity back.

brellon

terminal.png
Can we have the ability to see multiple ship loadouts at once, instead of on an individual basis? Here is an example of what it would look like. That way managing loadouts would be faster for some of us.

brellon

Add tier level for 'crate of components' so that buyers know what level the crate they are buying is.

brellon

1649525084164.png

Can we please have the Space Component Analyzer report the stats in the correct order. See image above: SCA shows mass as the first component stat, where as it should be listed in the 4th position.
Please correct the SCA to report stats in the following order:
Armor
Hitpoints
Reactor Energy Drain
Mass
Damage
Vs Shields
Vs Armor
Energy / Shot
Refire Rate

Unadornedzero

Would be a nice idea to allow Neutral pilots to fly any faction's ships once they have acquired ace of aces
But pertaining to pvp if you were true neutral as in neutral in space and ground and you were to say flag up imp you would only be able to fly imperial ships and neutral ships, the same can be said for flying rebel ships, for instance how I would assume this would work is when you are launching into space in a lets say A-wing you would automatically be aligned with the Rebel's and cannot flag Imperial for pvp same thing for Imperial ships, but if you were to launch up in a neutral ship you can flag up any side sf.

Erotica

Bring the Kash Nunes Script to GCW2.

Such as.

Create New NPC. That uses the Script from Kash Nunes but for GCW2 Tokens at a cost of 10 Tokens per level at Level 10 cost 100 GCW2 Tokens. this gives more incentive to run them and something extra for spacers to waste the tokens on.

Create a Space RLS For killing T3 And up? that maybe uses Starmap/Convoy Loot tables?

Allow Bomberstrikes and Missles/Space Bombs to target the GCW2 Frigates/Npcs.

Give Imperal Staships the option to color there ships to the colors of the RGI maybe a new craftable for SW that changes the colors to RGI's colors.

Niko

Proposal #1

GCW rewards for space invasions is too low in my opinion. Currently a win nets a player 8k GCW points. In order to obtain that win (assuming the battle can be won) it takes roughly an hour or longer to get those points. With 7 characters, if one want's use space invasions to garner enough GCW points for their characters, it would take a minimum of 14 hours or more.

Solution:

Since the minimum GCW return to maintain rank is 10k, I strongly recommend raising the reward pay out for a successful invasion to 15k and a loss to 10k if the player is running special forces. This would facilitate a player spending their time (one hour plus) at a space invasion while being able to maintain their weekly quotas. It will also entice and incentivize players to fly SF but still obtain the necessary points even if they lose the battle but consistently return to fight their foes.

Proposal #2

Since the inception of JTL, pilots have figured out that if they run the Civilian Protection Guild quest with a neutral pilot and then switch to a faction, they could then run it again and get the Vaskai as well as one of the factional ship rewards. They could not however, obtain all three.

Solution:

With so many players now incentivized to run all factions of piloting through the ace of aces badge and reward, I recommend lifting the restrictions on this quest to be access able on each pilot faction, once per character. Currently even if a player is neutral, if they are aligned with one of the factional leaning neutral aces, they will get the factional ship. I think it would be helpful and useful if a single character could run all three (reb/neut/imp), obtain all rewards (once per character) and gain the proper ship deed per their pilot ace choice, not their factional alignment.

ShatteredSaga

I definatly agree that the quest line for the advanced fighters should be retooled so that one char can get all three. As a side note, I put forth an idea a good long while back (in the regular QoL thread) to expand the list of Ace factions as well as rework the Smugglers Alliance Ace faction. I believe that splitting off Valarian and Jabba into their own Ace factions and adding quests that really flesh out the bitter rivalry between the two could be very entertaining and a way to introduce a new faction like Black Sun to be playable. I also think a rework to piracy would be useful. the current piracy system isn't really piracy, its an armed ambush of a heavily guarded military convoy. Yet there are dozens of unescorted civilian/rebel/imperial cargo vessels plying the space lanes that give no incentive to interact with them unless it is for a mission. Lets make a pirate faction that activly hunts down and preys on the civilian ships and can loot resource crates, cash money, or even collection pieces or deco items from them. Thats just the tip of the ideas i have for Space, and id be happy to discuss them at length.

BIOHAZARD

i would like to see space asteroid deeds be doubled if not tripled from 30k to 60k or even 120k the cost of making ship parts and sub components is very high only allowing to make just a few parts or components a 30k deed for other crafters allows you to potentially make 100s if not 1000 parts and sub components