What's new
SWG Beyond

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QoL Changes

Randolo

Update to the craftable food list.
Most of the food and drinks don't get crafted. End game chiefs only have a handful of items that are useful. I was wondering if we could add more items with stats.

Cold absorption +XX, Cold resistance +XX

CRIT chance
CRIT hit reduction
Action cost reduction
Camo detect
Glancing Blow
Punishing Blow
Crafting assembly
1684772853677.pngThere is a punishing blow reduction food already

brucknerrob

The Entertainer Token System could use some improvements.

The way I see it the way the entertainer tokens are currently designed it has created a Veteran vs Newbie mechanic that unfairly builds a hill against new player participation.

No one gets entertainer buffs from anyone that doesn't already own a full 7 pc set, making it virtually impossible to get the tokens to earn the 7 pc set if you don't already have it unless you resort to begging or bribery, neither of which is a good thing. We all know why... Everyone 'must' have the extra buffs. Grace & Performance has become a standard everyone wants. If you can't provide the Lasting buffs your Entertainer isn't as good as the ones that do.

I have parked my entertainer in the cantina for 12+ hours at a time.
I've been there week days, week ends, before world bosses, before OG / Heroic runs, and ahead of the events.
I always have my entertainer registered so she shows up in the discord as being there on duty.
If there is an entertainer there with the set I'm wasting my time standing there, and no one would disagree with this point.

I've been on the server almost 9 months and I have a total of 19 tokens. For the amount of hours I sit in Mos E trying to do the daily and earn tokens that is laughable and kind of sad. I've only ever succeeded in the daily for tokens once. I feel like farming these tokens is harder than grinding Jedi Holocrons. Of those 19, 17 come from three people in my guild trying to help me get them. I've only ever gotten tokens twice from someone outside my guild, and both times it was when I was the lone Ent online. I look at the prospect of needing 150 tokens to get a full set as impossible to earn without resorting to begging or bribery.

Every entertainer I talk to... pretty much fall into one of two categories:
Those that have the set - who tell a story of begging everyone they could to help them and it being a huge pain to do.
Those that don't have the set - who think earning it is near impossible because those that have it are the only ones people go to, adding the veteran player entertainers as an obstacle in their ability to earn the tokens.

This right here is the core problem. No other token outside of PvP in the game is impacted by 'other player participation' working against you. Trader's don't earn less tokens because of other Traders farming them. Combat characters don't earn less tokens if more people run Heroics / Legends / World Bosses. Entertainer tokens require community participation but their tokens also are hindered by the participation of other entertainers in the system. This means the system itself is a form of player competition. It shouldn't be. We should want more entertainers around that can give out the buffs, not less. We want to reward hard work but we can't equally make the hill harder based on the previous success of other players in the community, or we risk driving people away from the profession entirely.

I propose the following changes, any of which could help the current system.

1) Allow more ways to buy the set.
--Put them for sale like Heroism / Class sets in Aurilia using Heroic Tokens. This would allow you to grind it from a combat toon, or even consider rolling combat entertainer to get it.

2) Allow alternative ways to earn the tokens.
--Give a low % chance to earn the 1 entertainer token every time you turn in Entertainer quests during ground Invasions. Maybe 5% chance per entertainer quest, from all entertainer only quests.
--Put a one time reward of entertainer tokens behind entertainer only quests. (Calypso Music / Peiyi Dance / Theater Quests / The Entertainers Life). Maybe enough so each one time quest awards 10 tokens, allowing new entertainers to jump start the first few items in the set by doing them all, thereby lowering the hill to get started.

3) Modify the rewards of the Entertainer Mission Terminal. Currently I don't know any entertainer that does these missions at all, yet the terminals are placed around most cantinas in the game.
-- Award a small chance for 1 token upon completion of the missions from the terminals.

4) Create a Band Performance chance to earn a token. This can be done two ways...
-- Allow all members of a band (group) to have a chance to receive a token when any member of the band performs a buff. This could lead to awarding to many tokens for a large band of AFK entertainers, leading to an alternative suggestion.
-- Allow a token to be earned separately by both participants in a Listen / Watch for music and dancing when an entertainer buff is given. This would allow for two entertainers to work together building the buff timer up, and allow newbie entertainers to collaborate with veteran ones to get tokens.

5) Currently tokens can only be awarded in Mos E. This is part of the problem, it creates a very competitive hotspot.
-- Create an item you attach to a player owned cantina (inserts into the building like storage increases) or a house decoration that when placed inside a cantina creates a buff zone of 50m around it that allows you to earn tokens in your own city.

godsofmen

Please remove sex restrictions on items in game. At least for NS and SMC items.
1. They look great on male toons just as much if not more than on females.
2. Great way to bring in more players who are LGBT or LGBT supporters. +what’s the point in this day and age of having sex restricted clothing??? Are we still in the 90s? Do we want to be known as sexist server?🤔
3. We are in the minority of the list of servers who haven’t removed these restrictions.

Screenshots of the gear in male toons included. Looks amazing and would be an easy fix

Attachments

• A61FF49C-0008-4DE4-883A-7E41893976DA.jpeg
    A61FF49C-0008-4DE4-883A-7E41893976DA.jpeg
    470.7 KB · Views: 16
  • B9EFAFFA-7440-4FF4-8D51-9479992FFB27.jpeg
    B9EFAFFA-7440-4FF4-8D51-9479992FFB27.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 14

ATU

For all four traders move Resource Processing and Advanced Resource Processing to the top line so traders can do both specializations and not have to get artisan and thus not be able to use points on the second page for vendors, harvesters, factories or afk mining:

DI as an example

1685942116919.png

godsofmen

Add Aurelian crystals back into the loot drop anywhere/everywhere/somewhere, Pleassse. or add them to a vendor to be bought with credits(make em expensive, maybe 250k for small, 500k mediums, 1mil for larges or even more.. just an idea) so we have some chance to have these without having to spend our OG tokens ADDED - the crystals can now be purchased from Aurilia's buff vendor.

trunks

request for a new class - buff bot
this class would be for buff only and not to take away for the classes that provide these buff
officer buffs
medic buffs
entertainer buffs
this would be a drod class that has no combat and no agro.
my thoughts would be that it can drop stim, give med buff by clicking on it( med buff duration can be discussed) and ent buff by hologram projection (duration can be discussed)
as i said this is not to replace the classes we have doing this but to help users that dont have access to guild and whatnot that provide them, so it should not give the same buff as jewelry set classes
this would help alot of ppl that are having to use 3 char to do all of this into just one char leaving 2 chars to be used of other things.

please let me know your thoughts a feeling on this in discord, im happy to hear anything you think that could make this better.
trunks

godsofmen

There’s more than enough entertainers in the eisley almost all day and night to compensate for any players who aren’t in a guild. I myself ge to help and meet new and old players everyday by entertaining and i would hate to lose that bcuz someone can’t take a 5 sec walk to the cantina. Not only would this would take away from our socializing with other players and essentially make them have no need to even go to eisley besides to turn in missions or buy food… Most players played back on live and remember eisley as a place for everyone to come and socialize and be able to get buffs and chill and have fun.

Might as well get rid of eisley all together if we remove entertainer buffs for a bot and move terminals and vendors all to Aurelia..No offense to you at all by means but If we this happens…this would cease to be a server I’d play on

godsofmen

Also this server is already “clicked” up enough by guilds. And it causes division amongst the community as a whole which is just a part of the reason why there’s so much hate and toxic behavior here. A lot of people here don’t want to help anyone else unless they’re in their guild or same faction guild.. which again causes division amongst the players. Adding this bot would further isolate guilds/factions and all players in the community. We need less division and more unity if this server is going to be better than where most people left from, legends, to come here. The toxic behavior on that server is why that server is no longer worth playing on and this idea would only lead to more of that type of behavior imo

Last edited:

Xcon

Not needed.
- There are plenty of officer bots around to get stims.
- There's npcs med bots around if there isn't a buff bot on.
- This would kill the entertainer class as there wouldn't be a point in having an entertainer.

Like mentioned above, this would cause more division and move people away from each other to their buff houses (more so than now).

trunks

this isnt to replace them but to supplement them they would not be able to give the same buff as a med or ent
med buff could be 30 min if need be that way if you want the 2 hours then you can go to a med bot or go buy it.
ent buff would not have lasting grace and we could come up with some kinda of just generic buff it can give
offices i dont maybe just not as many stims

and you point of there is aways bots on no there isnt ive seen time there they were missing for days this is not a large server with 1000's of ppl like live when you could talk into a cantina and there was 20 ent just waiting to give buff. there really on one person that runs a med bot and if that doesnt log on then you would have to go to the pay bots now so alest that is available now.
stim bot there are 2 ppl that run one and one isnt always one the rest of the bots are all ran by guilds at guid halls.

so ppl have to take up to 3 char slots just so you can have buffs if all of the bots are not on and it has happened many times.

maybe med bots can be like pre cu where its has to be loaded with buff so that could be something that can be crafted by some class
maybe the ent buff can be crafted by an ent into a holo projection that an ent can sell

brucknerrob

Combining the three buff classes into a single class is likely the worst thing you could do. First of all, consider how upsetting it would be to those who play one of those classes now.

Entertainer is a class that requires you to be at the keyboard to give a custom buff. There is already a 'store a buff' mechanic with buyable items from the PvP vendors I believe. Botting this class would either be useless in that you'd have to give everyone a stock buff, removing the customization, or kill the class from being played by people at the keyboard anymore. Both options are bad.

Medic buffs can presently be acquired for cash at any world boss camp. There are two people that regularly bot the starport in Mos E, if neither one is online you can spend all of 2 minutes of your time going to the Tusken camp and pay 25k to have the bots in the snap of a finger. Yes it might cost you a fair bit if you do it all the time... but I rarely don't see at least one of the two medic bots online giving them away for free.

Officer buffs.... are you too good for pink hot pants officer buffs? Is Muh'tar's love not good enough for you?

Seriously... not trying to rain on your suggestion but there is no way implementing this doesn't do far more harm than any kind of good. I don't belong to one of the big guilds. I have never once had any trouble getting all three of these buffs except for really off hour (late at night) Entertainer buffs. And for that... I can make my own entertainer.

godsofmen

And again it would only make less immersion in game and less interactions.. which if i remember correctly this is MMORPG not a single player game..

When i came here 11months ago it was nearly impossible to get a buff in eisley except on very rare occasions when certain players would come just to get some tokens and dip.

This was very confusing and extremely frustrating for me as a new player here and it was near impossible to get info from anyone in game, especially in eisley cantina(which is where the games center for buffs and info and socializing has always occurred and for good reason). And i almost immediately left bcuz of this alone and I’ve seen others leave this and every server bcuz of this exact reason before myself and others set out to change that…

So i made my entertainer, Hel, specifically with the goal ti change this for our community and I’ve worked my ass off for all 11 of those months to help get us back to a place where the eisley cantina is a place anyone can come and get buffs/info/just talk with any guild or faction type. I made it a personal mission and thankfully I’ve had the help of other ents and people in this pursuit.

I couldn’t even count the amount of new players who come in the cantina asking me for info on the server.. if it’s worth playin on etc and also returning players who need help but don’t rlly know where to start. That’s just one of the many major reasons why the entertainers in eisley are so important to this server. We can help new and old players alike and get them to actually make this their permanent home.

And we’ve made huge strides since then. Eisley cantina went from a ghost town to a now sprawling place for everyone to come to and this would essentially take away all the progress others and myself have made and worked and are still working very hard for.

Last edited:

Bones

Please remove sex restrictions on items in game. At least for NS and SMC items.
1. They look great on male toons just as much if not more than on females.
2. Great way to bring in more players who are LGBT or LGBT supporters. +what’s the point in this day and age of having sex restricted clothing??? Are we still in the 90s? Do we want to be known as sexist server?🤔
3. We are in the minority of the list of servers who haven’t removed these restrictions.

Screenshots of the gear in male toons included. Looks amazing and would be an easy fix
I don't really like the tone of the post, it reminds me of the typical BS you see in the news where people are trying to pressure people to do something because whatever it is is not the PC thing to do at the moment and it really doesn't have anything to do with LGBT at all. I do agree however about making the items male wearable, never made sense to me why it was only female anyway. I always look for it because I like the look of it and it gives you more options clothing wise.

Bones

The Entertainer Token System could use some improvements.

The way I see it the way the entertainer tokens are currently designed it has created a Veteran vs Newbie mechanic that unfairly builds a hill against new player participation.

No one gets entertainer buffs from anyone that doesn't already own a full 7 pc set, making it virtually impossible to get the tokens to earn the 7 pc set if you don't already have it unless you resort to begging or bribery, neither of which is a good thing. We all know why... Everyone 'must' have the extra buffs. Grace & Performance has become a standard everyone wants. If you can't provide the Lasting buffs your Entertainer isn't as good as the ones that do.

I have parked my entertainer in the cantina for 12+ hours at a time.
I've been there week days, week ends, before world bosses, before OG / Heroic runs, and ahead of the events.
I always have my entertainer registered so she shows up in the discord as being there on duty.
If there is an entertainer there with the set I'm wasting my time standing there, and no one would disagree with this point.

I've been on the server almost 9 months and I have a total of 19 tokens. For the amount of hours I sit in Mos E trying to do the daily and earn tokens that is laughable and kind of sad. I've only ever succeeded in the daily for tokens once. I feel like farming these tokens is harder than grinding Jedi Holocrons. Of those 19, 17 come from three people in my guild trying to help me get them. I've only ever gotten tokens twice from someone outside my guild, and both times it was when I was the lone Ent online. I look at the prospect of needing 150 tokens to get a full set as impossible to earn without resorting to begging or bribery.

Every entertainer I talk to... pretty much fall into one of two categories:
Those that have the set - who tell a story of begging everyone they could to help them and it being a huge pain to do.
Those that don't have the set - who think earning it is near impossible because those that have it are the only ones people go to, adding the veteran player entertainers as an obstacle in their ability to earn the tokens.

This right here is the core problem. No other token outside of PvP in the game is impacted by 'other player participation' working against you. Trader's don't earn less tokens because of other Traders farming them. Combat characters don't earn less tokens if more people run Heroics / Legends / World Bosses. Entertainer tokens require community participation but their tokens also are hindered by the participation of other entertainers in the system. This means the system itself is a form of player competition. It shouldn't be. We should want more entertainers around that can give out the buffs, not less. We want to reward hard work but we can't equally make the hill harder based on the previous success of other players in the community, or we risk driving people away from the profession entirely.

I propose the following changes, any of which could help the current system.

1) Allow more ways to buy the set.
--Put them for sale like Heroism / Class sets in Aurilia using Heroic Tokens. This would allow you to grind it from a combat toon, or even consider rolling combat entertainer to get it.

2) Allow alternative ways to earn the tokens.
--Give a low % chance to earn the 1 entertainer token every time you turn in Entertainer quests during ground Invasions. Maybe 5% chance per entertainer quest, from all entertainer only quests.
--Put a one time reward of entertainer tokens behind entertainer only quests. (Calypso Music / Peiyi Dance / Theater Quests / The Entertainers Life). Maybe enough so each one time quest awards 10 tokens, allowing new entertainers to jump start the first few items in the set by doing them all, thereby lowering the hill to get started.

3) Modify the rewards of the Entertainer Mission Terminal. Currently I don't know any entertainer that does these missions at all, yet the terminals are placed around most cantinas in the game.
-- Award a small chance for 1 token upon completion of the missions from the terminals.

4) Create a Band Performance chance to earn a token. This can be done two ways...
-- Allow all members of a band (group) to have a chance to receive a token when any member of the band performs a buff. This could lead to awarding to many tokens for a large band of AFK entertainers, leading to an alternative suggestion.
-- Allow a token to be earned separately by both participants in a Listen / Watch for music and dancing when an entertainer buff is given. This would allow for two entertainers to work together building the buff timer up, and allow newbie entertainers to collaborate with veteran ones to get tokens.

5) Currently tokens can only be awarded in Mos E. This is part of the problem, it creates a very competitive hotspot.
-- Create an item you attach to a player owned cantina (inserts into the building like storage increases) or a house decoration that when placed inside a cantina creates a buff zone of 50m around it that allows you to earn tokens in your own city.
agree. being a ent with no guild doesnt help at all. nobody buffs from anyone without the set unless there is no option. Had my ent in eisley for a month or more off and on and I have buffed 2 people and 1 was for another ent needing a xp buff to grind....