What's new
SWG Beyond

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QoL Changes

Goso

Change the resource from generic steel to a named or even Mustafar steel for creature harvest modules for DE. Please and thank you

BettyFord

Please reduce spawn timers of binayres on Talus, waypoint -1617 628. Its currently almost 5 mins and was 30 secs to one minute on live

Viikoreaux

A few suggestions:

Fix: When resetting "Controls" options to default, it currently disables "Disable strafing with turn keys" and "Actions can be fired from toolbar".

Add: "Game Mouse Dead Zone: Space" to Controls options. With my high-sensitivity MMO mouse, Space is almost impossible to play without Game Mouse Dead Zone set to 80%+, but doing so completely ruins ground gameplay, so I need to keep changing the option each time I land and launch.

Add: Jedi robes available from Force Shrines, similar to Legends. ADDED

Hoodrych

Spy:
  • When your gackle/familiar is "combat bugged" and takes forever to come out, it prevents the spy from using stealth. This is extremely detrimental in PvE and PvP.
  • Allow the spy to use stealth when a familiar is being called in the event of the "combat bug."
  • lNMdCtZ.png

Mikuchu

Add TEF’s in during guild wars.

You can exclude yourself from the war, so there should be no reason why you should be able to hide in a private structure after attacking a player that you are at war with.

foxd

Any chance the UI could be modified to allow the user the option to display an F1 through F8 beside the corresponding group member? This would help when targeting group members quickly. Thanks!

foxd

Is there anyway the dwb jetpack can be changed so that it could be displayed when walking around. Kind of like a backpack, but only if you have the jetpack itself. Inspired by The Mandalorian series. :)

ShadowOrdo

Merry Christmas, Beyond!

Been accumulating some ideas to suggest here, mixture of broad QOL ideas based off particular personal experiences and conversations with other players throughout the past weeks and months, along with a suggestion or two for potential loot for the upcoming Legendary Heroic on Mustafar that could fill a void not filled by the previous Legendary Avatar.

First, the general QOL suggestions / request:

1) Battlefield QOL: After countless battlefield matches, the one discerning thing that seems to slow down repeatable match and re-match speeds is the current que/invite system from live. More times than once have we all spent 10 to 15minutes (not always, but at times) attempting to organize both factions to ensure everyone is ready and at the keyboard for both groups to Que and be ready for that invite into the match. The problem of course occurs where in this small time frame life gets in the way for people and they may even look away for a few moments only to still see they miss the invite and fail to accept in time. Those who have witnessed this where that one person from whichever side failed to accept (for whatever reason) ends up not getting invited and in turn forcing the opposing side and their last invited player to the group now be kicked from the match, all because a player who may have been ready 1 minute ago had to look away or something else for a brief period of time; potentially throwing off composition and tempo for both groups.

*Proposed solution (provided its feasible) = Remove the accept portion of the invite system for battlefields, if a group of 8 Imperials and another group of 8 Rebels Que into the same battlefield, bring them in. If one player happens to go afk I find it a far better alternative to carry on and let that distracted / late player on either side catch up rather throwing off the entire match. Better late than never, right?

(in a situation where a group is short 1, than normal rules ought apply like before where opposing team of 8 get cut down to 7 if that is what the other group has to offer. This suggestion is just to address the waste of time that occurs because of the invitation window mechanic.)

2) Legendary Heroic After-Action stat page: Conceptually this is the concept of the Battlefield stat page export but taken into a PVE setting, providing players results on their total damage, top damage, total healing, top healing, total damage taken etc. I've seen this topic brought up more times than I can count by various players on Beyond who enjoy experimenting with various builds and testing the results in settings like Battlefields and instances, with the former offering greater information and the latter leaving the players to guesstimate how well the returns of their build are providing them compared to other options.

*Proposed solution = a variant or exact transplant of the data page export we see after Battlefield into both Legendary Avatar and the upcoming Legendary Mustafar Instance.

Legendary Heroic involving Mustafar suggestion / request on two specific loot items lacking in both Beyond and from Legendary Avatar:

The two following suggestions are simply in scope of items to add toward the loot tables for upcoming Legendary Mustafar instance...

1) Add Qui-Gon's Devotion color crystal - Currently on Beyond, there is no lightsaber color crystal of the GREEN variety in terms of special named crystals with relevant damage bonus. Avatar brought us Cunning of Tyrannus (RED), RLS brought us Galia's Intuition (PURPLE-PINK), and Sunriders Destiny (TEAL). Prior to this the Mustafar update with Mustafar tokens offered Kenobi Legacy (BLUE). Looking further back we can see purple is covered by Windu's Guile, the color grey from the Blackwing crystal, brown'ish from B'nar's Sacrifice, and off course some fuck-ugly looking crystals like Lava Crystal and Perma-frost that have some sort of milkshake swirly thing going on with them.

I realize I'm likely leaving a few out, such as Banes Heart, but here we actually see sort of a repeating color because its color is only a slight-offshoot from the Galia's, with the Galia's being more purple and the Banes being more pink.

Far as I can tell, Qui-Gon's Devotion is the "truest" named color crystal representing the GREEN category, some of the other's I am aware of appear to fit more the Teal category and we already have that with Sunriders (regardless how rare and illusive that one is proving!!!). I feel including this item into the potential loot table would fill the current void we see on this subject of available named color crystals in SWG:Beyond.

2) Include a new Heavy Weapon into Legendary Mustafar Instance - This I find is overdue for several reasons. For one many players since I have known Legendary Avatar's release were surprised that instance, which has a Commando styled boss fight, did not in fact drop a Heavy Weapon of his own. In Legendary Avatar, we saw every weapon type and in some cases multiple choices of a given weapon type drop in that instance (i.e: the Stalker Pistol and UR-G8 pistol). But for Commando it saw no new items to offer a Commando player to upgrade or expand into. As for what this potential new Heavy Weapon element should be, since that is a critical factor for this profession, to be honest I think there is room to improve all choices aside perhaps Cold. Based off conversations with many Commando profession enthusiast, Acid seems to be the one people would like to see another offering of, with Heat and Electric a second best. (some others have suggested another Cold to, its fair to say, though I personally disagree I still did not want to leave them out since their reasoning is valid.)

Realizing new or unused Heavy Weapon Schematics/skins are limited compared to basically every other weapon type in SWG, I would propose the follow solution....

protonrifle.jpg

The Proton Rifle is a special weapon skin/schematic rewarded from a quest on Kashyyyk, few are at this point are aware of it anymore it would seem and even fewer actually use it. For a rifle its probably the bulkiest one I have ever encountered in SWG, very beefy but very cool looking in my opinion. While I personally would like to just see an updated version of it be added to Legendary Mustafar as another rifle option, for the intent of this suggestions to include a "new" heavy weapon seems optimal. Provided the theory is "path of least resistance" holds that taking the texture pack of this Proton Rifle and transplanting it into the Heavy Weapon category is more straight forward than designing a whole new weapon from the ground up. ADDED as a new Heavy Weapon.

A more conventional option can be found as well, though for this one I feel a texture-color pallet update is very much in order...

unknown.png

This is the C-M Frag Storm Heavy Shotgun, another heavy weapon, this one comes from Restuss vendor and with it a God awful yellow color pallet. Neat looking weapon, but personally it needs a texture upgrade with a new color design. Do note, it has a unusual elemental of Kinetic, so probably want to change that to something else if this is ever reused. I was gonna add a topic regarding Kinetic Elemental update to the General QOL section of this post, but I think I will save it for another time since I wanted to keep this post limited to a 2 for 2 suggestion.

Hope yall had a great Christmas and enjoy the New Year, cheers!

Haydon

We all have lots of real cool buff objects and are finding it it difficult to use them because we are just out of toolbar space. Is there any way to add an additional toolbar to our UI?? I think everyone would be in favor of this amazing upgrade. ADDED 3rd toolbar row, with visual cooldown timers.

Shallabal

As a surveyor at heart I love a lot of the changes in place already such as the starship terminal on Mustafar and the chance to fly there directly.

Many of the suggestions previously made, I second (esp. (auto) granting admin rights to all characters on your account to structures including harvesters in particular). ADDED

Here are some thoughts that I believe have not been mentioned.

1) Review the action cost for hand sampling. The higher the level, the more total action will be deducted per hand sample (% of total), and with the gradual absolute increase on recovering, as a level 90 trader you will need to rest regularly and miss hand sample cycles. I don*t think a level 40ish trader should be able to hand sample more efficiently than a level 90 trader. (not really QoL, more game mechanics I guess). ADDED - action cost reduction is now applies to hand sampling.

2) I would love to see an inhouse banking terminal, i.e. for account use only. Some sort of being able to share credits and items across the characters (including no trade shared items). ADDED

3) Going along with 2) it would be fantastic to have some sort of junk dealer feature in house, a device that needs to be crafted or some such, acting as a junk dealer. Or a junk dealer structure that would occupy a lot when you place it near your house(s), outside of cities. ADDED

4) This is something I always hoped to see during live but it never came. A device that would allow you to open a window displaying all current harvesters across your characters with planet, location, resource harvested / concentration / actual BER, hopper status, maintenance / power status and an option to create a waypoint for said harvester from that device. You still need to go there and manually add maintenance and power, but still it would help keeping track of the harvester fleet. With all the ingame technology out there I never understood why this would not be something that would make sense ingame.

Cheers

Sha'lla Bal aka Ev_Shal#4921

foxtrick

So after playing the vanguard for awhile one of the things that I think would make it more enjoyable would be for the shield ability if it is possible to make it to were the buff doesn't drop off the person if they move out of range but is just ineffective until the player is back in range. My reasoning for why this is it would be a nice thing to have is in a game where people are almost constantly moving around the 15 meter range makes it very easy to drop off or if there is even a little lag and then you have to find the person to reapply it . For instance with my pet if I have him fighting a ranged npc and I have him shielded a lot of the time when the npc moves my pet follows before I can even react and the shield drops.

Goso

Add the NoSquint Mod to be supported here on Beyond (some of us old folks need that little text size increaser ya know lol)

Goso

Create an invisible footwear item so my Ithorian can look stylish and not like this bozo does without taking his shoes off! ADDED

Attachments

• screenShot0074.jpg
    screenShot0074.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 134

Shallabal

After having played here for nearly 2 months now, I would like to be more specific about suggestions previously made that I nonchalantly bundled together in one sentence in my first post.

As a dedicated surveyor/miner these would be my top 3 QoL suggestions:

- Add admin panel to harvesters (I understand this is already looked at, good) and be able to retrieve resources in one go rather than 100k chunks, or work around by adding a number. ADDED

- Add a multi-spot ITV that adds an option to obtain through other means than Hoth. I.e. by adding the "Secrets of the Syrens" quest to be rewarded with the G9 Rigger. ADDED
For an earnest trader/miner/surveyor, the 2 spot ITV from Hoth just doesn't cut it. Also, I am cheap and even if someone would be willing to get and sell one, they would come very costly. The Syrens quest can be done by a single player (multi-boxing) with just help for the space parts.

- Adjust the action cost situation for hand sampling. A level 30 trade char should not hand sample more efficiently than a level 90 trade char each with full points in extraction efficiency and extration techniques. I suppose the Miner's jewelry set will get that fixed for you (?), but that's for many non-PvE-champs far from reach and also should not serve to overcome a logically flawed mechanism implemented by SOE back in the days. ADDED - action cost reduction is now applies to hand sampling.
ADDED a new surveyor jewelry set.

Thanks for your attention and hopefully taking this into consideration for the future.

EV_Shal aka Sha'lla Bal

Mantis

1. The ship's targeting cursor size resets to default after a reboot.
2. An NPC Chassis Dealer at the Emperor's Retreat would be an awesome addition, so looted space parts can be sold. Added
3. A player character sometimes looks like it is walking while riding mounts, but the speed is increased as it would normally be.
4. Toons get half stuck in the ground after dismounting a mount/vehicle sometimes. Added Fix

Sintara

Jewelry set created with "hiring" skills mods to help with generating NPC vendors. Back in live, I remember as a crafter you can get your hiring skills up and get a "better looking" npc vendor. When I create my trader here, I see we get a pendant with hiring skill mods 2 on it, so I am assuming there's a way to create a jewelry set.

Hoodrych

General:
  • Decrease biological and synapse crystal cooldowns from 24hr to 12hr. ADDED
  • Include the power of the pup in the name. I/E: Glancing Blow Increase (6) or Healing Potency (13) ADDED
Spy:
  • When your gackle/familiar is "combat bugged" and takes forever to come out, it prevents the spy from using stealth. This is extremely detrimental in PvE and PvP.
  • Allow the spy to use stealth when a familiar is being called in the event of the "combat bug."
  • lNMdCtZ.png
Update Junk Dealer:
  • Add a new option to "Sell All".
  • All items/loot that are able to be sold will be sold all at once (except items/loot that you manually mark as "Don't Buy").
  • Add a toggle on/off for the ability to sell augs/eng to junk dealer.
  • Add all paintings and jedi robes/cloaks/power crystals/color crystals to be sold.
Server Event Faction Swapping Tool
  • Create a tool to allow faction swapping or the ability to flag as the other faction.
  • Allow the Faction/CGW rank/GCW points to return to 'normal/previous' after the event is over.
  • This should be limited to EVENTS only. Players should NOT have this ability outside of staff hosted PvP events.
  • To prevent abuse, add a cooldown timer or make it so CSRs/Staff grant you the one-time use to switch factions.
  • After X amount of time or /logout, everything gets reverted.
Mercenary Faction:
  • Add a new faction to allow players to work for either side of the GCW battle.
  • Add a ranking system like the rebs/imps have (Private, Sgt, Lieutenant, General, etc.)
  • Add GCW buffs to correspond with the GCW rank.
  • Allow the Mercenary Faction to compete vs rebels or imperials in world pvp or battlefields.
  • Could improve the "RP" by allowing players to "hire" mercenaries via contracts to aid in battle (World PvP, BFs, etc.)
  • This faction would be different from neutral because there is a ranking system and are willing to fight for either side of the war for the "right price."
GCW Rank Weapons:
  • Add melee weapons (polearm, 1h, 2h, unarmed) to the General rank for both factions. Makes no sense how there are every other type of weapon.

Battlefields/Arenas:
  • Add option to enable auto-accept.
  • Add a confirmation window to confirm decline/cancel of an invite (same feature when confirming an object delete).
  • Add ability to re-queue and get an invite as long as the accept/join timer is active (even if 1 second left on BF start timer)

brellon

Please increase structure factory ingredient hopper size to allow for full 1k wall module runs. As it stands, you can only do about 800, before having to reload resources and factory crates.
Also, increase structural module factory crates to 1k (they're 100 now).