What's new
SWG Beyond

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QoL Changes

ShadowOrdo

General Suggestions:

Fix Spy Decoy/Smoke Bomb - If feasible, look into and correct World Boss and Instance Boss resets if a spy to uses decoy or cloak. For those unaware, if a spy uses decoy or smoke bombs on a boss there is a high chance of it resetting to 100% health rather just shifting its focus to a different player. Many have remarked on this and while I am not the biggest advocate for Spy profession (quite the opposite tbh) but I do agree because it is a playable profession it's unfortunate they cant use two of their three primary defensive cooldowns (Smoke Bomb and Decoy) in PVE content. ADDED fix.

WoD Legendary Heroic - Incorporate an incentive in WoD for a LSJ or other melee spec to become viable to bring. All other profs / specs are viable for this 3 man instance except LSJ and melee specs in general. This is because of the various "Ring Mechanic" found throughout all 3 phases of the instance is VERY ranged heavy and the melee opportunities are way too sporadic to be relied upon. I'd suggest implementing something that allows the LSJ to contribute to the overall damage of the group for each of the 3 phases of the fight while the ranged players do their usual thing.

Spice Debuff Bug - Many new spices added to beyond cannot be cleansed by medic it would seem. This becomes problematic in World pvp, Battlefields, and Legendary heroics where deaths are frequent and it can bug out to the point u have both the active spice buff still remaining AND the debuff simultaneously. All the while Medic cannot cleanse these from their teammates. (i.e: Medic can cleanse Muon Gold debuff, but not Thruster Head or Death Cap) ADDED fix.

GCW Faction Bases - Two things ...
1) Reintroduce Covert Faction Scanners. No idea why SOE removed these but it was a mistake, the GCW system really is less without it and factional bases found little purpose in NGE outside of organized base busts. Not fun or engaging content. Make players fight to defend and attack in what should be a Galactic Civil War. If there are concerns with griefing, I'd suggest at a minimum allow players to only place them around the proximity of SF Factional Bases. This way, players can use these structures strategically to create zones of control to both defend and attack from across the game. Currently, much of the use for these structures is PVE related and PVP is only impact if one side needs to enter it but the reality is most just drive past them as an irrelevant structure.

2) Remove housing lot requirement to place Player Factional Bases. In exchange, only allow 6 bases to be placed per account (3 bases for each 2 characters on an account). SOE was designed with 2 characters per account in mind, I'm of the opinion we need to adjust for this given our server dynamic of 7 character slots if we remove Housing lot requirement.

SolemnTiger

Apologies if this is a duplicate, and proper credit due to Xavier who posted it first:

Could we make it possible to resize the radar screen in the space UI to a larger size? Considering the progress made since JTL launched (back then, most everyone's monitors were still squares and 1600x1200 resolution was a semi-big deal...) and that the typical lowest-used play resolution is 1920X1080, the radar screen is very difficult to read (especially for us older folks.)

After some research, I know Legends has a UI mod specifically for this. While I personally think just making it possible to scale the space flight radar to a larger maximum than the system currently allows would be a fantastic fix, I'd happily accept any other improvements to the space UI that anyone is willing to undertake.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

Esquire

Remove timers on Musti injector and Favor of the Elders similar to what was done with the familiar buffs. And thanks for the adds.

Van

Add a vendor email for when something is offered to your vendor. ADDED

If you're out hand sampling or something, and someone says they will drop something off on your vendor, it's easy to miss the system message (in fact, while hand sampling, it's almost impossible to see the system message as you're likely on another screen). Instead of having to stop and go check every so often, it would be nice to have an email (as well as the system message) that shows someone (and who) dropped something off on your vendor.

midian318

Proposition to either change abilities and action consumption from use of said abilities to set amounts per ability. As I know thats a hard bill to fill, maybe deleting the augments that have an action stat on them. In a percentage use system for our action pool, they are worthless. And somewhat frustrating to loot a 249 action melee aug from a boss in Legendary Heroics. ADDED - revised augmentation and enhancement loot drops for heroic, hardmode and legendary encounters.

brellon

SPACE QoL: Allow heavy variant Tie Fighters to be used at novice pilot (instead of Tier 1). This will balance the squadrons equally between Rebel/Neutral/Imperial.

Quakefreeduster

The Lyase grind for Beast Masters is horrendous. Here are a few ideas I'm pitching. Please feel free to expand on or comment on each of them.

Let's add a Lyase processor that works much like the Sarlac Trash can where you add items and get a random loot item in return. But in this case, you add "X" amount of Lyases and after a period of time you get a random 11 lyase in return.

Or add a jewelry set that increases significantly the odds of foraging 11 Lyases. The jewelry can add beast recovery percent +1 per piece till you hit the 5-peice set and then grants a bonus to lyase foraging. (Or whatever bonus you think is best till 5-peice.)

A collection item that requires to you study several different species of animals. Collect DNA from "X" amount of different or exotic animals to gain. Or collect "X" amount of 11 lyases to receive a reusable Foraging scanner that for the next (insert time) grants a significant bonus (buff) to foraging 11 lyases.

Planetary bonus that is assignable by dev team for a particular planet to give increased chances that is changed or applied randomly.

Bonus to 11 lyase foraging when grouped with 8+ party members. Could be a scheduled event hosted by staff that grants a bonus. Could be a nice social event bringing the beast master community together more often.

Nomanor

Add some craftable fishing Baits to the traders which are already able to make petfood maybe with like meat/wood and another made out of metal and chemical. and somehow stackable.

Niko

This is listed as available pets for learning the domestic helper monkey skill on Wookiepedia

It can be trained by a Beast Master to a simian like pet such as a Mamien, Minstyngar, Purbole, Squill, Shaupaut, Skreeg, or Woolamander in order to grant him a special buff ability.

Seems like if a mamien can learn it, a graul should be able to as well since it mutates from a mamien. This is true for the truffle pig skill and in my opinion should be the case for other helper monkey skills as well. ADDED

Danno

allow maint and power to be applied to deeds before placing them, would just be a alot better if you could do so ahead of time, i can't be only one that hunted down the perfect place to slap down my harvs, then realized, i forgot to bring power, lol

Olee

Hello all! I'm not sure if this has been brought up but can we take a look at tweaking the grenadier commando set? In its current form, the damage is mediocre, the action cost is high, the survivability is subpar in comparison to either of the other commando sets, and there is a mismatch in the range between cluster and regular grenades. ADDED - revised Commando expertise and jewelry sets.

Problem 1. Damage - The damage of a grenadier volley is about even with a regular GA officer's volley (no SFP). Once SFP is in play, the officer's volleys are far more impactful than a commando's volleys. If the officer is a Hellstorm officer, then the damage gap is even that much greater.
Problem 2. Action Cost - This one is pretty self-explanatory; the action cost of grenades is very high. Two to three volleys and you're asking for action from your officers. If you're solo, good luck.

Problem 3. Range - Regular grenades are 30m, cluster bomb is 35m which puts you even closer than a MUS smug. After playing with this set for a while, I can say that one of the only ways to utilize this set in PvP is to wait until you have SF and push with it up. This leads to a lot of inactive time while fighting.
Problem 4. Survivability- A 5pc Juggernaut gives +150 con, +200 str. A 5pc Frontman gives +250 con, +750 Block Value, and +25 Block Chance. Obviously one of these sets is a tank set but it still stands that the grenadier 5pc gives no bonus to survivability.

There are a few ideas that I have that would help make this set worth nabbing while also keeping balancing in mind. With that said, I think that if the team is open to the idea of addressing this, it would probably be better to have a conversation about this topic.

Neewup

Well can we get some solo things to do. It’s actually impossible to get a group for any of the hard instances. Since back in December when you guys was trying to get the OG with the bonus. Did not even happen most of the time. To get a group should not be pull teeth out. It should be quick and fast. For ones who play around 7pm est. plus at this time no runs stuff. So at least we can do something. Items can give us is tokens that can be used to trade in to a vender to upgrade tokens.

Since you make junk deal or on smuggler worthless now. Can you make it into a place to buy spice schematics and otter stuff worth it. That you can only get with that ability on the smuggler

Erotica

Add Krayt DNA ingame.
Add 11+1 Lyase/aka 12's as maybe a rare drop or a token sink to get a random color?.
Add the Portable Bazaar Terminal ADDED
Add A GCW2 Vendor that has the Kash Nunes script for GCW2 tokens.
Make Bacta Spray and Bacta Grenade have separate cooldowns
Add a Beast Master section to Entertainer Inspiration buff options. (DNA Harvesting, Incubation Quality, Incubation Time Reduction, Mutation Chance)
Add the Victorious Reign painting ingame.

Splits

Fishing:
So doing the Rigger quest I made an observation. the first two characters didn't have much issue. the fishing mechanic is horrid, and I remember why I don't do it. With that aside I stumbled on something that makes this mechanic even worse than I thought it was.

At Server time 18:09 I started reeling in my cast, at 18:17 I finally find an end to this 8min fiasco. by losing my bait.

Requests: I am sure changing the game mechanic totally to bait, cast, click bobber on bite would be probably more than the code can work with to bring it more in line with other MMO's.

A. Shorten the list of options to: Tug sideways and tug up. Sideways would attract a fish with an increase chance to attracting a fish to "nibble". Tug up would be the attempt to change nibble to bite and subsequently caught. Increase the chance of changing state from nibble to bite to catch when the Tug up option is chosen. Reduce the chance of attracting a fish to near 0 on tug up. Keep a reduced chance to fully catch with tug sideways to make the mechanic AFK (if that is a part of fishing that is deemed important if not all ATK is fine with me with the terms of point B and C)
B. Decrease the timer to a fixed time interval that is reasonable when the tug up option is used to "catch" the fish.
C. Increase yield of fish when the tug up option was used to catch the fish. yield to remain the same when caught with sideways. all collection catches of fish should remain near the same. slight increase for tank parts when caught with the ATK tug up version.

I do not know what the code implications would be, but at least rendering fishing to a more even experience from a time point of view would be better than nothing. It would also be helpful if the above is not feasible to slightly increase fishing yields. ultimately, I would like to see a much higher yield for ATK play using the triggers of "I did it right" that cannot be mimicked with a macro by allowing enough RNG in the rolls of success verse failure.

While I am at it:

-Travel System:
Double clicking a location such as Theede Space port on the ticket or ship terminal would automatically choose that destination to buy a ticket or travel depending on what terminal you are using. ADDED
Ticket droids will be able to detect when you have only one ticket in your inventory and no longer need you to choose a location unless you have more than one ticket in your top line inventory. ADDED
Double clicking would also allow ITV choices as well, IE the G9. ADDED

-PLEASE Remove the Captcha from the entertainer interface...As in Imperial player I am slightly snowflaked at the use of rebellion symbols (Joking). ADDED

Neewup

Change Jedi cloak to not have a timer on it.

Ent allow the tokens to be granted at all cantinas and add each pvp place. ADDED - entertainers now have a chance to obtain a token when buffing on Rori - Restuss.

Erotica

Boost the Advanced Production line for traders from 5/10% to 15/30% (Factory Production Rate)

Add a +2 RE Chance to the Entertainer buff (Allows for what we had on live called Legendary Powerups which having this with the current new stuff would allow for you to very rarely make +15 healing potency or vice versa most powerups would if lucky gain a +1 above current cap.) Cost 5 Points per +1 RE max 2 investment.

Allow Entertainers Who are on house permission to maybe ID Vendors for a trader? would allow for players to create unique Vendors.

Add a Bonus maybe during events for 2x Ent tokens. ADDED - we now have the ability to apply a bonus to the entertainer system.

Reduce Static Spawns of NS/SMC from 5 min to 2.5 min

Add Jedi Holos (Not Sith) to SMC Loot table (Lore wise they are considered a lighter version of force users)

Erotica

Add a Support/Healer role for Jedi that can be unlocked.

Here is an idea of one I created 2 years ago https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k5NwurrtOaMXqi1inLZR46ms1eL5jzVd4jS1pIeEeo8/edit?usp=sharing this is an example of what could be made that gives jedi a bigger role in PVP/PVE as well as bonus content.

Note this could be changed to fit the server. current version is based off medic slightly but with a twist.

DWB/Endor Collection for a new backpack/weapon/title ` https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bdc9fjAHCKp_ut30sD_HxBR3UwMjPx3KCgQXlo-JWCQ/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited: